Rare animated films (not shown on Noggin)

Zet

Reaction score
Hello all,
Anyone want to jar some memories of old animated films?

For instance, anyone remember Superman and Batman making guest appearances?
Also the comic strip character "Tiger" (I met someone who really wanted that)?

My current "holy grail" features the psychedelic guy with a yo-yo that appears in one with boy on bike who has to remember his way home. The one I'm speaking of is another film with the same character, this time he's explaining around/over/through I believe...ANYONE HAVE THIS & WANT TO TRADE?

How about the Willie Wimple series...anyone remember all three? I know the water one and trash one. I think the other is about chopping down trees?

Well that's off the top of my head for starters!
-Z

ssetta

Reaction score
I don't remember the Batman thing, but GeeBee just told me about it.

I have both of the yo-yo man clips on tape.

The Willie Wimple series. I remember the water and chopping trees one, but I don't think I've ever seen the trash one, although I have heard of it.

Zet

Reaction score
ssetta said:
I don't remember the Batman thing, but GeeBee just told me about it.
here's a pic for an ad (not the films from Sesame, but still neat):

http://www.toyadz.com/toyadz/cartoons/sesamestreet.jpg

I have faint memories of the Superman one, but not Batman.

ssetta said:
I have both of the yo-yo man clips on tape.
need to talk to you about that, but my private messaging isn't working...just me or everyone??

ssetta said:
The Willie Wimple series. I remember the water and chopping trees one, but I don't think I've ever seen the trash one, although I have heard of it.
shows him making long piles of trash..."no place for a marching band (tuba sticking out of trash), no place for people to stand, no yards to play in (something else) just trash across our land..."

at the end shows dirty Statue of Liberty...or maybe that's on all of them?
-Z

prickle747

Reaction score
Zet said:
Hello all,
Anyone want to jar some memories of old animated films?

For instance, anyone remember Superman and Batman making guest appearances?
Also the comic strip character "Tiger" (I met someone who really wanted that)?

My current "holy grail" features the psychedelic guy with a yo-yo that appears in one with boy on bike who has to remember his way home. The one I'm speaking of is another film with the same character, this time he's explaining around/over/through I believe...ANYONE HAVE THIS & WANT TO TRADE?

How about the Willie Wimple series...anyone remember all three? I know the water one and trash one. I think the other is about chopping down trees?

Well that's off the top of my head for starters!
-Z
you are an asset to this forum.............WELCOME !!
email me sometime............trades are in our future :smile:

Zet

Reaction score
prickle747 said:
you are an asset to this forum.............WELCOME !!
thanks so much prickle, good to be here!

prickle747 said:
email me sometime............trades are in our future :smile:
OK will do...I hope it works better than private messages : )
-Z

rexcrk

Reaction score
Hey, didn't "Hey Arnold!" make it's first appearance as an animated clay-mation short on Sesame Street?

ssetta

Reaction score
I never thought of that! But I do know the claymation you're talking about called "Arnold Imagination." Is it possible they could make a whole show out of a character in one segment of Sesame Street? Would people even know who he is?

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was exactly "Hey Arnold!" but I know it had Arnold in it. I believe I read that somewhere on the Internet. :big_grin:

gbrobeck

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
I'm not sure if it was exactly "Hey Arnold!" but I know it had Arnold in it. I believe I read that somewhere on the Internet. :big_grin:

Hey Arnold creator Craig Bartlett did three claymation sketches with his character "Arnold": "Arnold Escapes From Church," "The Arnold Waltz," and "Arnold Rides His Chair". The first two were mostly showcased at animation festivals and are on two seperate volumes of the VHS series "International Tournee of Animation." The third one was produced especially for Sesame Street and got a lot of airtime. Bartlett also did the original "Penny" claymation sketches for Pee-Wee's Playhouse. The "Arnold" character was also a feature in the "Simpsons Illustrated" magazine for a while, before getting his own show on Nick.

Greg

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
gbrobeck said:
The "Arnold" character was also a feature in the "Simpsons Illustrated" magazine for a while, before getting his own show on Nick.
I think I have 2 of those issues somewhere. Can you believe it?