Rating Muppet Show Figure Retailers

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just thought it would be good to rate the retailers for the figure line:

EB store in San Francisco - Very difficult - no prepurchase or preorders.

EB online - fast delivery! Quality selection.

FAO San Francisco - Muppet what? No, we don't carry that.

Sam Goody San Francisco - A+++ Had everything beautifully displayed and easy to find. Very cool people. And it was in a mall - go figure!! I will be going back there!:smile:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
EB Silverdale, WA-- very good, allowed preorders, called as soon as the items came in, even gave me the Palisades Muppet Show figures shipping box

Toys R Us Silverdale, WA-- huh? we don't carry those any more (apparently they had their own private line of Muppet figures previously)

EB On-line-- quick delivery

matleo

Reaction score
EBX in the Woodvbridge Mall in Woodbridge NJ. Pleasant salesgirl (asst. manager or something I believe) Loves the figs, always friendly, smiling willing to chat about the product, is a bit of a fan herself. And she now knows me (and Jackie) on a first name basis. I'm doing as much of my business as I can through her. Downside, except for the short-haired Piggy's they are sold out of the regular assortment. Hopefully they will get another shipment in. I didn't ask.
Theo ther place sin NJ that I've found I can't really say one way or the other. Not really fnatastic but certainly haven't been bad about it.
--Matt

Foreignman

Reaction score
BIG Toys R Us on Times Square, NYC- The guy was very friendly, showed me right to the Muppet section, where they had plenty of Kermit, Ms. Piggy, Bunsen, and Dr. Teeth. Sadly no Kermit in tux, I thought maybe the best Toys R Us in the world would have it, but sadly, not yet. The guy certainly knew about the line, I was about to ask about Kermit in tux, and he beat me to it...

Guy: Any in particular you want?
Me: Well, I thought you might have K-
Guy: -Kermit the Frog in Tuxedo, hah, beet you to it. Sorry, the shipments haven't come in for him yet, he's the one everyone wants.
Me: Oh kay, thanks so much for your help.
Guy: No prob, so long...

I love it when people are nice and well informed, gives me hope for this place (earth)! :big_grin:

Aerosmith

Reaction score
EB Orlando Florida
Called them and asked them to hold me some they said they would hold a case so I could pick which ones I wanted. Get there they already put them on the shelf. Causing me not being able to get Dr.Teeth. Why? Cause he sold out!

EB Melbourne Florida(Birthplace of Jim Morrison :smile: )

Very nice didnt mind taking alot of change. Finally got my Dr.Teeth! :smile:

gorry

Reaction score
(on a side note i wasn't feeling very good.my vision totaly went,i got dizzy,couldn't walk,turned pale.that's why i haven't been posting.)

eb in hazleton pa-wha?huh?oh those are only on our website

eb online-very fast shipping and great deal.(i just bought kermit and reg piggy for $10)

EmmyMik

Reaction score
EB in Beavercreek, OH (Mall at Fairfield Commons)-- What can I say? They're wonderful! The people working there were very nice, and knew what they were talking about. I can't say enough nice things about these guys.

TRU in Beavercreek, OH-- They don't even have the figures yet. When I go into the store and ask about the figures, they're nice to me when they tell me that they have no idea what I'm talking about. When I call them, I always get the same girl on the phone, she has no idea what I'm talking about, and she's rather rude to me.

Sam Goody in Beavercreek, OH (Mall at Fairfield Commons)-- They have the figures, however I didn't buy any there. They were $8.99, and I could buy them for $7.99 from a different store in the same mall. So this isn't much of a report on this store.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Geez - good response. It seems that the EB stores are really managed individually so results varry a bit. I'm in a city that I have to walk most places I go. I love it, but the EB is really away from everything and they were very unhelpful so I didn't want to take the trip down there and chance my not getting the figures.

The Sam Goody priced them at 8.99 but they did have all the figures and it is close by. I'll spend an extra dollar-per-figure for convinience.

Hearing about the TRU employee scalping of exclusives infuriates me. Must be reported to Palisades. It's one thing to buy them in the store and resell them but a different one to prevent customers from having a fair chance. It also may be illegal.

On another note - what's with the seperate shipping of figures from EB online. They billed be seperately for each figure assortment. Very weird. My two exclusive Piggys came together, but the rest came in their own packages. Forgot to report that.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The exclusives seem to have been shipped from a different location. That's why some of them were shipped seperately.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Phoenix, AZ

:big_grin: Toys R Us
Very Helpfull, plenty of Kermit. (both versions) and Piggy. Clerk went into the overstock and checked in the back for the Doctors (teeth & Honeydew)

:smile: Sam Goody / Suncoast
2 full cases on the shelves

:mad: Electronics Boo-Tique
Nothin' no regulars, no X-clusive Piggy. Clerk wouldn't check on the status, or see if any of the other stores in the area had them.

"We probably won't carry those, since nobody wants them, a couple of other people have been calling every day, and I keep telling them, but they won't take the hint"

I tried to explain if people were calling each day, then somebody obviously wanted them, but he refused to see the flaw in his logic

A world-class JERK