Rating Muppet Show Figure Retailers

Kedrick

Reaction score
I have only delt with Electronics Boutique here in the Cleveland area. And I've had VERY different experiences.

EB South Park Mall: Initially VERY friendly. Talked me into buying my EB Piggy back in May (not just making a deposit, out right BUYING the figure). This was a smart idea since back then the figures were only $8.99. HOWEVER they didn't get their EB Piggy figures till this past Tuesday and I had to argue with THREE different people that my figure was already paid in full and that just because they raised the price in the interim doesn't mean I should have to pay extra. They had left a message on my machine informing me that if I had not picked up my figure by close of business yesterday, that would return it to stock. Something I already paid in full for, and they are going to return it to stock?? Yeesh.

I also picked up my complete set from this EB a week earlier, and they were very accomodating in holding the figures till I got off work (I had not preordered them, they just held them for me). The guy who grabbed them for me didn't even put the price tag on them because he "didn't want to mess the cards up" for me. He needn't have worried. I ripped the boxes open when I got home. :smile:

EB Parmatown Mall: Great service here, though I did have to wait in line a bit to buy the figure. They got their figures on MONDAY. I picked up 2 EB Piggys for me and a friend and they also held the figures without any prepay.

EB Online: PROMPT shipment. I got this figure before the one I preordered at the store!!! Very nicely packed and the figure and card were pristine.

I did see that Suncoast at South Park Mall had the complete set, but they were $8.99 there, as opposed to EB's $7.99 price tag.

Clint

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kedrick
EB Parmatown Mall: Great service here, though I did have to wait in line a bit to buy the figure. They got their figures on MONDAY. I picked up 2 EB Piggys for me and a friend and they also held the figures without any prepay.
Well, you can't blame the store for the long line (unless one of the employees was purposely not using the other register). :smile:

That particular store seems to be pretty jazzed about The Muppets. When I picked them up the other week (I can't remember the exact day...it was whenever the Cleveland area was first reported on here as having them), one of the guys just couldn't stop humming the theme song while he was going through the cases.

Kedrick

Reaction score
The wait in line was caused by the one register being used to buy back some old games/systems and the other registered occupied with a gentlmen having a lengthy conversation about controllers and generic vs. labled products.

But otherwise, Parmatown EB was a good retail experience. :smile:

Clint

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
TRU Kermit

TRU in Houston- Easy to find Master of Ceremonies Kermit. They had about 12 of them on pegs and I didn't even have to ask. There were no other Muppet figures there. Maybe they sold out, maybe they're only carrying the exclusives, who knows? There was no sticker marking it as an exclusive. Not very smart on their part, but I'm glad I found him. Not much space was devoted to Kermit, but not much was devoted to the Simpsons either so I dont think it was anything personal.

The figure - is great. Kermit does have a hole in his head for the hat, but it's not bothersome. This Kermit stands slightly more upright. And the camera is gray - not blue. I'll have 2 of these beauties when the other one is shipped to my apartment. Woohoo. That one I'll keep MOC with the extra exclusive Miss Piggy!