Read any good books lately?

Pork

Reaction score
there a really great book I've just started reading called "Refuting Compromise"
It's by this fellow called Jonathan Sarfati and he's a genius. I witnessed him play 8 games of Chess at once...WHILE HE WAS BLIND FOLDED!
the Book is very interesting.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Just started my continuation with the Artemis Fowl series, my most recent read being The Eternity Code. Pretty good!

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I am in the middle of reading "Here's The Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice" by Maureen McCormick and when I am done, I am gonna start reading "sTORI telling" by Tori Spelling.

Pork

Reaction score
Reading the first book of C S Lewis' Comic trilogy called "Out of the Silent Planet".

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Reading the first book of C S Lewis' Comic trilogy called "Out of the Silent Planet".
I've always wanted to read his other works, They had the last 2 of one trilogy at the library, but not the first so I couldn't start :frown:

Anyways, At the moment I am reading Eric Clapton's autobiography. It seems he's got stoned with every musician there is! George Harrison, John Lennon, Keith Moon and Jimi Hendrix. He certainly has/had friends in high places.

( Hehe drugs-High Places. Get it? Wocka Wocka!:embarrassed:)
I also just finished Dr Karl Kruszelnicki's Newest book, "Science is Golden". Very intersting articles on Black Holes and Quantum Physics, and the Bubonic Plague.:scary:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I am right now reading the 4th Maximum ride book. Its kinda off to a slow start. I finished reading allthe important stuff in the Simpsons Beyond Forever book. I gave up on Twilight. I couldnt get into it. Too much romance and too much girlyness. Its sickening

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I've read part of the Cosmic Trilogy; I read "Perelandra" and "That Hideous Strength" as part of a paper I did on Lewis back in high school.

What have I read lately - well, yesterday on the train I re-read "City of Dreaming Books," and today I went though an anthology of Greek plays.

There was one that I read a while back. It's called "The Traveler," by John Twelve Hawks. It's a science-fiction/suspense novel set in an Orwellian near future world. Plot's a little complicated to sum up in a few sentences, but it was pretty good.

Pork

Reaction score
Just finished "Out of the Silent Planet last night"...stayed up way too late...but oh well.

shall start "Peralandra" today.

Kiki

Reaction score
I've always wanted to read his other works, They had the last 2 of one trilogy at the library, but not the first so I couldn't start :frown:

Anyways, At the moment I am reading Eric Clapton's autobiography. It seems he's got stoned with every musician there is! George Harrison, John Lennon, Keith Moon and Jimi Hendrix. He certainly has/had friends in high places.

( Hehe drugs-High Places. Get it? Wocka Wocka!:embarrassed:)
Man I gotta read that book, I really dig Clapton. Is that the recent one?

I'm currently reading Love, Janis, a book on Janis Joplin. So far, it's d*** good.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I finished Maximum Ride 4. It was very...preachy...about Global Warming. Half the book was pretty much them talking about how bad it was.

book was ok when it wasnt preaching

Although, it does mention the muppets, so that was cool