Reading Between The Lines Way Too Much

GuyGadoir

Reaction score
I must really atone for this post before anybody reads on.
This is just the "workings of a lonely mind", to borrow a phrase from poor Marlin of Fraggle Rock.
But in the Muppet Show and some Muppet movies: The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, I can see the hint of a love triangle among Kermit, Piggy and Fozzie! It seems to me like Fozzie is always angling for Kermit's attentions, competing against Piggy.
And the cave scene in The Muppets Take Manhattan was the icing on the cake! Fozzie seems so uncomfortable with himself when Kermit isn't around!
Poor guy. Sorry, sorry, sorry Fozzie!

Also, I think Dr. Honeydew should have had a love interest called Florence Canteloupe.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I don't disagree that Fozzie sometimes competes for Kermit's attention. I would just like to point out that not all desire for attention has to be for romantic attention. Although our modern culture can't seem to think of any reason that people ought to spend time together unless it's because they want to boink (sorry, best word I could come up with that did the job), real life is not that way. Don't you have friends, for example, that you like to spend time with? And don't you feel a little thrill of jealousy if you find that they took "some other friend" to the mall, or a ball game, or to a show? That's normal. Did you never have a professor or teacher that you adored? But would have been icked out at the thought of kissing.

Kermit's place is Fozzie's life is obviously more of a mentor than anything else--a father figure in the business. And Kermit is someone who--despite his occasional snarking--believes in Fozzie's talent. That's a friend. So, as your thread title implies, I would say without reservation that this thought is entirely in your own head--not in the characters.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
thats kind of like the conterversy of Ernie and Bert, right?

GuyGadoir

Reaction score
I would like to briefly thank you both for your responses. I think you have both raised important points, firstly even though I of course imagined a different context to the relationships I saw, a strange imaginary subplot.. I do believe that you are just right about preconceived notions about relationships.
And I am remiss to be the first suggesting such a conformity.

And the Bert and Ernie thing is another of these most banal and stupid theories come up with by idle minds. I shan't hope to be one of them, so please forgive me for sharing!

Marky

Reaction score
This is the most ridiculous thread I've ever read.

BEAR

Reaction score
Kermit and Fozzie are best friends, so of course he would feel a little competition with Piggy for Kermit's attention once in a while.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It seems to me that Piggy kinda had to compete for Kermit's attention sometimes fron the other guys and the fact that he is sontimes ofter busy with something, too, even though they are real good friends.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
WOW! It's just like Cory and Shawn and Topanga on Boy Meets World!!! LOL
:smile: :embarrassed: :mad: