Reading Between The Lines Way Too Much

MrsPepper

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
WOW! It's just like Cory and Shawn and Topanga on Boy Meets World!!! LOL
:smile: :embarrassed: :mad:
ROFL!! Wow. I couldn't think of a better comparison. lol!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
Don't you have friends, for example, that you like to spend time with? And don't you feel a little thrill of jealousy if you find that they took "some other friend" to the mall, or a ball game, or to a show?
Absolutely, men and women both experience that. You have a best friend who suddenly gets a "significant other" who gets all your friend's attention.

I also agree that it's Piggy who's often competing for attention. All the guys are so close, and Piggy's left out of the group, which often happens with guys. I also feel bad for her that way. (Of course, Piggy does it to herself to a certain extent, heh).

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Yeah--it is tough to be the only girl in a man's world. Um, the only pig in a frog's world, maybe. But Piggy is often isolated. And when Kermit spends time with her, he'd usually rather it be alone. (Assuming he's being honest.) SO, Kermit gets the benefits of the warm, welcoming companionship of his friends, and then snuggle time with Piggy. Best of both worlds. PIggy gets...hum, wait, I had it a second ago.....hum, boy, this is har--oh! Oh! I remember! She gets time alone with Kermit. Hmmmm. Seems a little lopsided, maybe?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Let me add here that I am not impughning Kermit's snuggleworthiness here. He's a nice frog. If I were a zaftig, glamorous diva pig I would want to snuggle with him. But...sometimes the little green man is very ego-centered. Sometimes, after thinking about everyone's professional needs all day long, he can't see beyond the end of his, well, his, um. Hum. Got me there. Anyway, he can be short-sighted when it comes to what his friends and his pig need emotionally. Realistically, it's too big a burden for one small frog to carry the weight of everyone's professional and personal happiness, but when Kermit starts with the arm-waving--or the snarking--he can be, well, unkind. We know, for example, his true feelings for Fozzie and Piggy because of IAVMMC, but he is still sometimes diffident about expressing them. This is probably why I applaud loud and long when Piggy glomps him and covers him with kisses--it's a surefire way of reminding him of what he may be missing!

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
GuyGadoir said:
I must really atone for this post before anybody reads on.
This is just the "workings of a lonely mind", to borrow a phrase from poor Marlin of Fraggle Rock.
But in the Muppet Show and some Muppet movies: The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, I can see the hint of a love triangle among Kermit, Piggy and Fozzie! It seems to me like Fozzie is always angling for Kermit's attentions, competing against Piggy.
And the cave scene in The Muppets Take Manhattan was the icing on the cake! Fozzie seems so uncomfortable with himself when Kermit isn't around!
Poor guy. Sorry, sorry, sorry Fozzie!

Also, I think Dr. Honeydew should have had a love interest called Florence Canteloupe.

well- if you think about it. When you got 2 really good guy friends (nothing more) and the one guy finds a girl, and the other one doesnt- it changes everything, especialy if they get married (I have friends who are doing this to Dan and I)

So yes, I can see how Fozzie would be trying to get attention from Kermit

travellingpat

Reaction score
Wow never thought of that...

haha this is going to become an odd thread fast :wink:

Leyla

Reaction score
Ooooh! One of my favorite topics... Piggy!

So, yeah, I'm with Ru and Heralde here, quelle suprise. Piggy is definately quite isolated, and Heralde is right too, in that at least some of it, Piggy does to herself.

However, there are almost always reasons for why we do what we do, and why we are the way we are.

In my job, I work a lot with children who remind me SO much of Piggy. She's got such a 'Veni, vedi, vici' attitude towards life. ('I came, I saw, I conquered') Everything is a battle... Piggy stragizes, and plans and works and fights for anything her heart desires, and she's very nearly incapable of taking no for an answer, let alone taking no for an answer gracefully. It makes her tough to handle for anyone trying to work with her, or heaven help them, give her orders she doesn't see them reason for, or finds slighting.

She's always watching for an attack, either professionally or personally, and she's got no patience for even affectionate teasing because of that. Often times, we veil truth in a joke, and Piggy is painfully aware of that.

This is probably half nature, half nurture... maybe more nurture. The kids I see this attitude in have very tough lives... They do not believe anyone is out to help them without an ulterior motive. Once they trust someone, they'll do anything, anything to back them up, even if that person is in the wrong. If they think you're snubbing them, they don't use reason, they fight back... they stand up for themselves.

Sound familiar? Piggy is not someone new to fighting... she's a PIG in show business...and show business is brutal like no other. I can't imagine it was kind to PIggy in the beginning, not at all. I seriously doubt there was anyone to believe in Piggy's career before she met Kermit but Piggy. She's her number one supporter in a world that mocks her dreams... and she's not about to tolerate that attitude from anyone, least of all the people who call her friend.

So that's her career... now for her frog... well, that point has been made beautifully by others. Same principle applies anyway... a little competitiveness between friends is normal. Happens all the time... has nothing to do with any sort of romantic feelings between Kermit and Fozzie!

If anything, I think Fozzie's jealousy is almost a response to Piggy's overt possessiveness... and she's got a lot more to worry about regarding the possibility of losing Kermit. He's not remotely indecisive or evasive about his friendship with Fozzie after all.

I think Piggy has certainly warmed up to the other muppets... she counts Beauregard as a friend, oddly enough, and she does love them all... of course admitting that would leave her vulnerable, and hasn't done her much good where Kermit is concerned. He's a kindhearted frog, but he has left her high and dry more than once, exposing that chink in her armour for the whole world to see and laugh at. Hard to imagine someone already as much on the defensive as Piggy is to let herself be emotionally vulnerable to more of them... and that dropping of defenses is a huge part of feeling close to someone.

So... yes, Piggy is not so friendly and trusting of the other muppets as Fozzie and Kermit are, and she plays quite a large part in keeping the others distant with her behavior and her over the top personality. But it doesn't come from the void, and she's not the only one at fault.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Not that we are fangirls, or anything....

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
She just very passionate. Ssomtimes she tries so hard to please Kermit and make him happy that she just gets in the way somtimes. But she means well and this upsets Kermit very much at time to the point where he ever questions where they stand at times. She does understand Kermits feeling abut this and will ofter try to reason wih him but somtimes she eventually just gives him his space. so there is kind of a misunderstanding between then sometimes. Often times this is where her isolatin comes from. Bet she always had her best friend in intrest and always helps the in the end and kermint usually see's the efrror of his way and relises just what a valuable friend she really is and know that that he and the gang could not get along with out her, too. Somtimes she takes this to mean more then it is and thatmake kermit back into a corner. Now, she needs only to work on that relatonship of there's. Lol!:smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i would like to refer to AVMMX there releationship they need each other, if kermit was never born, Piggy would be a total mess and the same goes for the frog to.