Recess on DVD anytime soon?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I love Recess but I have seen it on TV every day for about 6 years now... probably more. So, a DVD wouldn't be worth it for me since it's still on Family every afternoon and I've seen every episode.

Now, what I would LOVE to see on DVD would be Pepper Ann... :wink:

BooberKnowsBest

Reaction score
yeah! pepper ann was so cool! and i also liked doug... i wonder if that's on dvd

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The ORIGINAL Doug was cool, but what Disney did to it was no cool!

Anyhoo, on the subject of Recess, who has a favorite episode? Two of my all-time favorites include the one where Gus thinks he's about to move away again so to avoid that he makes Old Rusty his new "pad"; and the one where the gang soon regret their wish of having the entire school all to themselves (I actually wish I was able to live that experience once when I was still in elementary school).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I like the one where it rains and they all get stuck inside, and that kid who always tells urban legends talks about how he heard about the last time it happened...

I also like the one where they find the rulebook of King Morty (or something) who ruled during the depression and they change all the playground rules.

Snowth, I don't remember which Doug I watched... how do I find out? I was actually looking Doug up yesterday and hardly found anything.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only way I can constrast the two is this...

1. The original Doug aired on Nickelodeon, while "Brand-Spankin' New Doug" aired on Disney Channel.
2. The original Doug was voiced by Billy West, while the new Doug was voiced by a guy whose real name was Doug also.
3. In the original Doug Patti had long hair, while in the new Doug she cut her hair.
4. The original school principal was Principal Bones, while the new principal was the mayor.

Actually, I haven't seen either versions of Doug in the longest time, so I'm actually drawing a blank now...

Teheheman

Reaction score
What about when Roger was rich in the new one but was poor in the old one, and the fat girl was thin in the new one. The new one sucked while the old one was great.

Daniel

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeeah I like tha old Doug way better, too.

I would guess that Rugrats "All Growed Up" did cone out at the time of Recsee "All Growed Down", seeing as both shows were made by the same creators.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Also about the Doug shows, the old show's opening theme was Doug messing around with pencil lines. The theme for the new show has Doug and just about everyone else inside his journal. One of my favorite Recess episodes is the Halloween episode that had three parts to it, unfortunetly I was unable to see the third and final part.