Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Statler: Boo!
Waldorf: Leave the jokes to the bear!
Statler: No, on second thought...
Both: DON'T! Ha ha ha heh heh..

Iokitek

Reaction score
I've been playing guitar for a number of years now and I've checked out alot of info about finger excersises. It seems to me that when you're working with rod puppets pulling and pushing switches all the time you actually need your fingers. But when you're just performing a handpuppet I agree that arm, shoulder and back strength are most important.

I only know about finger excersises. And perhaps a stressball might be ok. The danger is though that the more you actually try to train your fingers on strength the more cramped up you'll get. Like someone said earlier flexibility is much more important. Training your fingers strength will only put more pressure on the finger joints. I haven't heard anyone talk about bloodflow though. Seems to me that when you have your arm up almost all day all the blood stops flowing to your hand.

puppetise

Reaction score
when i get readdy to perform lift 5 to 10 kilo weights for 1minute and that gets the blood pumping to my arm so there is more blood so i can keep my arm up high for longer if you tink about it its the best way because usualy when your arm is up the blood flows away technically if you want to know more email me and ill send you a info sheet with the exercises jim henson used :smile: