Red hot 'I' film question

Nickrj

Reaction score
Hey Dustin, I thought you were going to put some pics of the Red Hot I film up.

What you should really do is post a link with all the pics in it.

Nick Johnson

Danimal

Reaction score
there is a band called "the residents"...go to like amazon.com or tower.com and sample some of their music. see if it doesn't sound vaguely similar to the music used the I Beam film. also, i've been playing I Beam to pretty much everyone i work with, and someone suggested that the music sounds similar to the muisc that was played in the Nazi Propoganda films. i mean usually SS films like this are punctuated by some sort of explanation of what's going on. in I Beam there is NOTHING to tell a 6 year old kid what this firery hot image is all about.

dustinrn

Reaction score
As many times as it's been brought up, I think we need a seperate forum just to discuss the red-hot "I".
Well here is my theory......I think somebody came across this footage of an I beam being made, or knew somebody who worked in a Steel Mill and was given permission to film this. They obviously assimilated the I-beam to the letter I and because this thing is so hot and so frightening looking they composed a "scary" piece of music to go along with it. Why are people reading into this so much? I mean, let's not forget that this segment was made in the 70's and I can think of countless other skits that can be classified as odd, bizarre or even scary from that period of time.... :flirt:

Horace D' Fly

Reaction score
dustinrn said:
As many times as it's been brought up, I think we need a seperate forum just to discuss the red-hot "I".
Well here is my theory......I think somebody came across this footage of an I beam being made, or knew somebody who worked in a Steel Mill and was given permission to film this. They obviously assimilated the I-beam to the letter I and because this thing is so hot and so frightening looking they composed a "scary" piece of music to go along with it. Why are people reading into this so much? I mean, let's not forget that this segment was made in the 70's and I can think of countless other skits that can be classified as odd, bizarre or even scary from that period of time.... :flirt:
But I think we all can agree that whether scary, odd, or bizarre, they can all be considered genius. Nuff said. :smile:

Danimal

Reaction score
i think the only way any of us will achieve true catharsis at this point, will be if somene is able to get a hold of the editor and or producer who came up with this bit. if we can find out the inspiration/goal behind this film, then perhaps we can determine what about this piece is so fu#$ing scary!

Censored

Reaction score
To me, it was one of the most forgettable vintage Sesame Street clips ever made. I never thought much about it at all.