Reflections in Foam

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if he doesn't... We definitely will like what you're doing Robin. And Melissa too.

Oh! Two whole new chapters! Thank you!
*Bounces with Robin from lilypad to lilypad.
Rainbow Connection
Beautiful song from Rowlf at the piano!
Notebooks!
Abbie! Abbie? Was that supposed to be Robin's mom? Cause I think her name'sLeaper, at least according to the story Bo wrote originally and references in Lisa's Swamp Call and Flippersteps.

Oh, I'm sooooo looking forward to the other Muppets' origin stories in this. And will this be just the Muppet Show/Muppets Tonight main family's stories? Or will there be stories from other Muppet characters interwoven as well? Ah-ha! How many Muppet origin stories I vill enjoy counting and reading in this, what has the potential to be such a magnificent master work Melissa!

Java

Reaction score
Leaper! That's it. I'm going back to fix it now. I just couldn't locate it in Lisa's story and I'm sorely lacking in my reading of Beau's stories. I must fix that error of judgement.

The song that Rowlf in singing at the piano is Silent Lucidity done by the group Queensryche.

And there are so many origin stories, some delving into Sesame Street some Fraggles and we'll see as I am still writing this as well. (I'm just many chapters ahead of what I have here. I just have to get them typed to post them.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey! *Mind boggles with the possibilities of Muppet origin stories to compliment this story in its entirety. Such counting fun. Though that's a little of what puts me in a bit of a funk, but there might be a break in that case... Hopefully, if I don't chuck it all out like usual.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ohhhh, this is so great Melissa! I'm just beside myself! Robin and Rowlf together, so sweet. The song was lovely too. And all these stories that are going to be shared! Can't wait for more!

Java

Reaction score
Don't chuck it out Ed! Surely there's something we can do to get you out of the funk...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Thanks for offerin' Melissa. But it's part of the waffling and wembling I go through. Though there's a few little things I'd like to talk about with our great Aunt Cath first... Maybe that'll help solve matters somewhat not to mention getting updates to all the fabu fanfics here. So post more when you get the chance please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Melissa... You do realize that now that you started this new story... We're gonna nag you for more right?
So to that end... More please! Soon!

Java

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm typing as fast as I can between work and karate testing and chores and all that good stuff.

Here's a tiny bit to tide you over until I can type more.

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 4

“…So now Scooter, Rowlf, Fozzie and me are getting all the stories together. And I get to go to Sesame Street; Fozzie promised that someone will take me there to talk to them.”

Kermit smiled to himself as he stood overlooking the valley of the small town in Colorado, “That sounds wonderful, Robin.”

A gasp sounded from the other end of the line, “Oh, here’s Scooter, Uncle Kermit. I’m late to talk with Chef. And it’s going to take me a little while to understand what he’s saying. Love you!”

Kermit heard the phone being pushed into Scooters hands and the patter of Robin’s feet hitting the floor as he hopped to the kitchen.

“Did you get all of that, Boss?”

“I think so, how is everything there otherwise?”

“There’s so few of us here that it’s eerily quiet. And with Gonzo gone, there have been no messes to clean up.”

“Good, Scooter. I’m glad to hear that everything’s under control. I’ll check in with you all later if there’s nothing else I need to handle right now.” Kermit rushed to get off the phone in an attempt to get back to his task.

“Uhh boss?”

“Yes, Scooter?”

“With so many of us out of the boarding house and off of Sesame Street for vacations, it’s hard to know who it is that is struggling right now and what we can do to help.”

“Nice try Scooter, but as I said before, I can’t tell you all that right now. I’ve promised.” Kermit turned to look at the melancholy Muppet sitting in the field behind him.

“The Mayhem and Miss Piggy are close to you right now. I could get in touch with them and send them out to help you. I also think that maybe Bert and Ernie are fishing in one of the lakes there. Maybe Gonzo’s even close if we catch him soon before he moves on to his next destination.”

“No, Scooter. Not right now. I’ll let you know if there’s anything that you can do though. Talk to you later.”

Kermit shut his phone and walked back over to take a seat next to his friend. He thought for a moment about the project that was now keeping his nephew busy. Perhaps it was a good way to help. It was worth a try anyway.

“Let me tell you a story,” he said, carefully watching for a reaction. While there wasn’t any movement from the figure saying that was fine, there wasn’t anything that prevented Kermit from launching into the story of how Robin had chosen to join the Muppets.

* * * * * * * *​
Robin sat at the kitchen table rewinding his voice recorder once more to try to decipher the words that Chef had spoken to him while he had cooked dinner. Mumbling to himself he hit play, his pen poised just above the paper in an attempt to record what had been said.

“Ves reeening und culd vhee steeepped ooffff ooff zee ferry und run intu zee greee frugee.” The voice droned from the recorder.

Fozzie watched as Robin sighed heavily and stopped the recording.

“Would you like to hear my story right now? You can come back to Chef’s later if it will help.”

Robin watched as Fozzie sat down across from him and nodded his head in agreement. “I’d like that Fozzie but are you sure you can tell me everything about your story.”

[FONT=&quot]“Of course silly,” Fozzie replied taking a deep breath as he thought back to his days before becoming a Muppet.[/FONT]