Regarding Pepe

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I like Elmo, but I think he shouldn't be such a dominant character on Sesame Street. Perhaps the characters should have more equal airtime or something. But otherwise, no real problem with Elmo himself.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Come on, Elmo pretty much owns Sesame Street now. Almost to the point where they should just change the name from Sesame Street to Elmo and friends or something. I mean it's not enough that Elmo has his own segment on Sesame Street entitled Elmo's World, but he is just about always in the main storylines for each episode. Enough Elmo, :mad: :boo: .

But I'm not saying this because I hate Elmo, I'm just saying it, because it's true.

The same can also be said for Pepe, I mean I like Pepe, and I do agree that Pepe is the best new Muppet to came out, maybe since Jim Henson's death. But man, this character pokes in a lot. I mean you seen things that say "The Muppet Show: 25 years" and you see Pepe. Pepe was not on the Muppet show, what's up with that.

But when it comes down to it, Elmo and Pepe are now Classic Muppets of the modern era. Sure not classic like in the past 40 years. But they made their way into a lot of fan's hearts, even non-fans say they love these two Muppets. So that's counts for something, right?

Valentine

Reaction score
Pepe is definately over used, I think that if they used him every once in a great while (equal to the amount that the Jerry Nelson and Jim Henson Muppet's were used on TMS) then he would be an excellent character.

The amount that Elmo was originally shown on SS, would've been excellent if it stayed the same. And none of that "Elmo's World" crap :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Elmo is one of those characters that I never really minded, but now, eh...its not that I hate him, its just hes too in your face, red, which automaticly stands out and way overused. Suprisingly though, when I went to sesame place last year, I did not see elmo. I saw mostly everyone BUT elmo, which is really weird.

superboober

Reaction score
I think Elmo works best in a supporting role to characters who are psychologically older (like Grover, for example) and can mentor him as the show does its viewers. While he does reasonably enough in a large role, Big Bird does better in that regard.

pepestarr

Reaction score
Pepe is my favorite chracter! He's a great addition to the Muppets team and maybe he might be on the screen to much, but when he is he's funny which is one of the important things.

unclematt

Reaction score
pepestarr said:
Pepe is my favorite chracter! He's a great addition to the Muppets team and maybe he might be on the screen to much, but when he is he's funny which is one of the important things.
While I am not disagreeing with you I will say that you do not really remember a Muppet World without Pepe. Many of us older fans know what it was like without him. He is still the sexiest King Prawn I know, hokay.

pepestarr

Reaction score
I can understand what you mean like this, but I actually prefer most of the older movies which I have seen which don't have Pepe in.

puppetise

Reaction score
hokay

PEPE:is Used to draw in the teens and adults he was created to give the muppets a kik up the but he will never out shine kermit piggy fozzie gonzo ect because they are the foundations of what is known as the muppets and he may be over used a tad