Remember the Spice Girls?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
All right, I'm going to stand up with those who are admitting that they actually used to like them. I did. I will admit it. I bought the first c.d. I sang along with all of the songs. I actually made "girl power" my modo for a whole summer after a guy I was interested in rejected me. Yep, I was a nerd. Sometime later I moved on, got rid of the c.d. and am the well adjusted gal you all know and love today. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I loved them! I was a really good age to be a fan of them, imho, not too young (or old like Vic, lol!). I had the dolls too. It's great because now that I'm old and decrepid like all of you (Bahahaha), my tastes have totally changed, but I can say that I loved them when I was young AND not be embarassed about it. :stick_out_tongue:

Plus I didn't see the Beatles movie so I had no basis of comparison (for those of you who said it was too close to that). I think it's really goofy and funny and REALLY fun to quote.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
With respect to the fans here, I disliked the Spice Girls with a fiery passion. In 1997, when all the other sixth-grade girls at my school were listening to them, I was listening to ELP and the Moody Blues.

I think that's when I started to really distrust people who told you that you should do/wear/listen to stuff because it's "in style."

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh yeah... I remember Spice Girls- totally '90s! Haha, I'm not a big fan of their's, but i don't mind their music and I actually have a lot of their merchendise including all 5 SG Barbie dolls, a watch, stationairy (I'm the only girl at school with a Spice Girl pencil case... perty cool, hey? :wink:) and loads of other things which are quite hard to find nowdays. They're movie was cool but I agree with Heralde, I thought it was copying the first beatle film. But still, I enjoy the Spice Girls and think they're a lot of fun. :smile:
Wow! You had all five dolls? That's so cool!:smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
Yep. Still have 'em, all in their original clothing. :smile:

lael

Reaction score
I have to admit I was into the first song when it came out. I was living with a couple roomates and we used to crank up the radio when it came on. Two guys in their twenties driving around singing a Spice Girls song. And I may have had a little crush on Baby Spice. I still enjoy hearing their songs when they come on, but I never went as far as purchasing any of their CDs.
Posh. All the way. Not nowadays tho, she's a bit alien like. Rich as all get out tho! I'll still sing along with the songs if I hear them!. My friends & I are REALLY BAD with Aqua ~ "Barbie Girl"

I've seen em live, lol!
*envious glare* YOU DID NOT! :excited:

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I'm a Spice-A-Holic

I am soooo glad someone brought this up!!
I absolutely LOVE the Spice Girls!! I own all 3 cd's plus every solo cd the girls have put out since they broke up. Geri has 3 cd's, Mel C has 4, Mel B has 3, Emma has 4 and Victoria has 1. I also own the "SpiceWorld" movie on vhs and DVD, I have all their songs on Karaoke and I have many vhs tapes both oficial and unofficial that tell their story and have videos for their biggest songs.
I also own 3 concert videos and I even recorded their "E! True Hollywood Story" and their "VH1 Behind The Music" specials.
So yeah, I'm a 33 year old man who loves his Spices!! For the record, Geri "Ginger" Halliwell was always my favorite and my favorite song is "Say You'll Be There".

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
With respect to the fans here, I disliked the Spice Girls with a fiery passion. In 1997, when all the other sixth-grade girls at my school were listening to them, I was listening to ELP and the Moody Blues.

I think that's when I started to really distrust people who told you that you should do/wear/listen to stuff because it's "in style."
Exactly, I was listening to The Beatles when everyone else barely knew who they were. I do tend to have a grudge against anything that's popular. I know sometimes that's wrong, you shouldn't NOT like something just because it's popular. But the problem with trends is that they overshadow every else, including things of better quality.

Example: George Harrison won a posthumous Grammy a couple years ago, but everyone I knew was freaking out over Justin Timberlake.

I don't mind The Spice Girls now, since all that pressure to conform is gone and I've always had a love of nostalgia. :smile:

Skye

Reaction score
But at the same time, it's not good to be so caught up with what's "cool" and what's not, whether you're going with it or not, you know? And if you do like something that happens to be popular, you're not necessarily "going along with the trend," you're just likin' what ya like! :smile: At least, sometimes it's like that.

I liked the Spice Girls and their music! I never got any of their CDs or anything, but I always liked it when they came on the radio or I saw one of their videos on MTV or VH1. I love all kinds of music, and I really adore fun music! And that's definitely what theirs was. It was so much fun to dance to, and I sang along with it all the time! And heck, actually I've recently re-discovered some of their songs and I still like singing along with 'em! :big_grin: It's not the deepest music in the world, hehe, just all about having fun. I really like that! :smile: