Remember this commerical?

Rosewood

Reaction score
I don't remember the product, but I remember the tune!

superfan said:
COuld someone tell me about the commercial for a perfume (back in the 70's or 80's) where a woman is singing, "I bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan..." My friend has been trying to figure out the details and words to the song forever. I can't find it anywhere on the net!
"I can bring home the bacon!"
(da, da ,dum!)
"Fry it up in a pan!"
(da, da ,dum!)
"and never, never, never let you forget your a man!"
"Cuz, I'm a WOMAN! Angelie! :stick_out_tongue:

Rosewood

Reaction score
"Ho, Ho, Ho!" Green giant!

Ziffel said:
How about the jolly green giant who went "Ho Ho Ho" at the end? Just saw this article about how the guy who did that voice for years just died at age 80.
They even had a little giant named "Sprout"! (Gee, do you think PBS could have got the idea to name their new channel from.....naaaaaaa!)

Rosewood

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
  • Hungry Hippos
  • Connect Four
  • Operation
  • Mr. Mouth
  • Tiddlywinks
  • Monchichi
  • Timex-takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
  • Swatch watch
  • Wonder bread
  • Nutter Butter cookies
"Playin Hungry Hungry Hippo's! Hungry Hungry Hippo's! *and who ever's hippo gets the most marbles - wins!*

Conect Four - (shows a brother and sister playing) first the brother wins "Gotcha! Four across!" Sister says "One more game!" as the announcer explains about the game, the kids concentrate, then suddenly the girls face lights up as she drops her chip and says "I win!" Befuddled, the brother says "Where? I don't see..." and the sister points out, and says with a smirky tone, "Here,...Diagnaley!" At which the bottom of the game board flips up, dropping all the chips all over the table!

"Mr. Mouth, Mr. mouth!" *It's Mr. Mouth - the new game from Tomy that just cant keep his big mouth shut!* "Mr. Mouth, Mr. Mouth!" *Try to flip your chips into his mouth before he closes it. First player out of chips - is the winner!* "Mr. Mouth, Mr. Mouth!" * Mr. Mouth - Just can't keep his Big Mouth Shut!* "Mr. Mouth!"

Nutter Butter Man (animated) is on the swings at a playground with a boy and aks him if he would like to hear a riddle, and follows by saying "What has creamy peanutbutter filling, filling up it's middle, and is peanut-shaped and crunchy, too?!!!" to which the boy says "It's another Nutterbutter Peanutbutter sandwich cookie!" The Nutterbutter man says "Aw, you knew!"
The boy then says "Here, Nutterbutter Man! Have another Nutterbutter Peanutbutter sandwich cookie!" The Nutter Butter man then says the famouse line - "It's from Nabisco!":stick_out_tongue:

I think I watched way too much T.V. when I was a kid!:embarrassed:

Rosewood

Reaction score
I always wondered how anyone could carry such a big pack of gum!

Ziffel said:
I always liked that theme song from about then: Wrigley spearmint gum really keeps you hummin'!
I remember all the different people, from all walks of life, all carrying around this gigantic 6-foot-long pack of gum under their arm as if it were nothing out of the ordinary! While people in the background were singing "Wrigley Spearmint Gum, gum, gum! Wrigley Spearmint Gum, gum, gum!" over and over.

Who remembers the one for Juicy Fruit? It starts out showing this tree on a hill, with all these packs of gum "growing" on it. Then, as all these people start running up to it, the song starts "Hey, let's pick a pack, of Juicy Fruit Gum! Let's pick a pack from the Juicy Fruit Tree! Cause' the flavor's so good, ya gotta get some! Just pick a pack, and you'll see! Pick a pack! What a happy feelin! Juicy Fruit! What a happy flavour! Open a pack, of Juicy Fruit Gum! Chew it and let all the flavour come through! Pick a regular pack, of Juicy Fruit Gum! And let it all happen to you!:stick_out_tongue:

And here's one for some "old pro's" like me and Ziffel - who remembers the one for Chickletts? It shows a guy in a centipede suite singing a song and doing a dance (all slowly, in a sad sort of way) "I get a little kick, from candy-coated Chickletts; Super-Cherry Chickletts; Tiny-sized, too. But I'd really get a kick if I had someone to share em'".....at which point a kid runs up, followed by a bunch of other kids and asks "Mr. Centipede, can I have some fruit-flavoured Chickletts?" and he holds out his hand, and the other kids do the same. And the Centipede says "Why, sure! All of you!" Then he starts to sing in a much happier up-beat "Well, now my kick is "kickier" cause sharin' is fun! A package of Chickletts is a whole lot of gum! I get a little kick, get a little kick, get a little kick - from - Chickletts!":stick_out_tongue:

Rosewood

Reaction score
Do you remember the original way it went?

Ziffel said:
Oh yes, an old favorite (the commercial, that is. I was never crazy about the candies. I like Skittles a lot better. :smile: ).
"Starburst fruit (juice?) a burst of refreshing fruit flavor for you. Tastes like mouthwatering orange, strawberry too, luscious lemon and tangy cherry..."
Do you remember the flavors they originally had in that song? It didn't originally have cherry! It used to be lime!
And the song went "Bite into a Starburst Fruit chew, a burst of refreshing fruit flavor for you! Tastes like: Mouthwatering orange, lip-smackin lime, luscious strawberry, and tangy lemon; you get a burst the very first time! Bite into a Starburst fruit chew! A burst of refreshing fruit flavor for you!"

Rosewood

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
There was the one in the 70's for the $100,000 bar: "Da da. Da da da da da da. This is your caramel bar. Ahhhhh! Nestle's $100,000 bar."
Milky Way, Mr. Goodbar, and Three Musketeers all had musical ones but none really stood out too much to me.

Around the 80's I think was when Nestle Crunch had the song, "Chocolate is scrumptious. When it crunches. That's why I love Nestle Crunch."
Hershey was already mentioned, "Hershey is real milk chocolate I love that Hershey bar.... cause Hershey is the great American great American chocolate bar."
I think it's time to go get a snack!
$100,000 bar - "Carmel;(100,000 bar!) Chewey, chewey carmel! (100,000 bar!) Extra rich in caramell! Nestle's $100,000 bar!" (narator) "So if you love chewey carmel; This is your carmel bar! Ahhhhhh! Nestle's $100,000 bar!"
Funny - try as I might, I could never get the caramel to "stretch" the way it did on those advertisements!

Three Musketeers - "I like to take a ride, very high in the sky, with my - Three Musketeers! I can't get far without my fluffy chocolate bar! Three Musketeers! No matter where I'm bound, you know I'll always be found, with my - Three Musketeers!"

Nestle Crunch - It showed a bunch of kids playing on a playground who started singing this song "Crunchy, crunchy, crunchy; Nestle's Crunch is so crunchy!
It's the milk chocolate bar that goes crunch! CRUNCH! Crunchy, crunchy, cruncy; Nestle's Crunch is so crunchy! Gives milk chocolate an extra punch! PUNCH! Bite after bite! Theres crunch after crunch! Rich Nestle chocolate - with plenty to munch! Crunchy, crunchy, crunchy; Nestle's Crunch is so crunchy! It's the milk chocolate bar that goes crunch! CRUNCH!

Mr. Goodbar- "It's Mr. Goodbar, Hershey's chocolate where ever you look; crunchy peanuts where ever you bite!"

Hershey's- "Hershey - real milk chocolate! I love that Hershey bar! Hershey - that "something special" no matter where you are!

There was more to the Hershey one, but I've gotta get off this thread! This is no place for a pregnant woman!!!!!!!!(LOL!):eek: