1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Remembering Jane Henson (1934-2013)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Pretty oblivious of me to just find this out, but none the less depressing news. Especially since I almost went to the Jim Henson's Magic World exhibit the day she was speaking. I'm never good at commenting on these things. My sympathies go out to the Henson family. I haven't lost my parents yet, but I can't imagine anything being as terrible as that.

2. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

My goodness. This is unbelievably sad. RIP Jane. Say hi to Jim for us.:(

3. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Amen.

4. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

God rest you, dear lady...

5. RC1979

RC1979 Member

Rest in Peace Jane.

6. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

It's really too bad that the Wilkins Coffee company went out of business. No other beverage would seem worthy enough for drinking a toast to Mrs. Henson. Otherwise, I'd be raising a steaming mug of it high right now.

Nevertheless...my condolences to the Henson kids, her loved ones and anyone that her heart touched.

And now, a new series of Sam and Friends can begin taping up there. Until us folks down here have a chance to see it, for now, goodbye Jane. We love you and miss you.
    :jim:

theSHE124 likes this.
  7. This is the first time I've been on the Internet since Sunday evening, and just found out through the A.V. Club. Also, I'm not terrific with these things either.

R.I.P. Jane. My condolences to the entire Henson and Muppet family.

8. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I haven't posted in this thread yet because I haven't known what to say. I still don't, really... just that this news has deeply saddened me. My sympathy to the Henson family in this time.

9. mo

mo Well-Known Member

Rest in peace Mrs. Jane Henson now you and Jim may forever be together :cry:.

Muppet fan 123 and ploobis like this.
  10. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

My thoughts go out to Jane's family and friends at this difficult time. :cry:

11. jrhatshepsut

jrhatshepsut New Member

:halo:
    Togther again, in spirit and memory. May the "Rainbow Connection" of The Muppet's family stay strong as we lose another legend.
    Love and condolences to the Henson family, the staff and crew and to all the Muppets, from myself and my family.
    We'll miss you Jane.

12. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

13. Dbailey15

Dbailey15 New Member

I've just read the many tributes to Jane Henson who has just died. Firstly I was sad to hear the news, but like her husband Jim a great human being. Thanks to Jane and her faith in her Jim for creating such wonderful Muppet characters over the many decades. My thoughts are with Jane's family and friends at this sad time, but what wonderful memories you must all have of such a very special lady.

theSHE124 likes this.
  14. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace Jane Henson we will miss you

15. FrackleFan2012

Here's a tribute picture to Jane Henson made by Fireshocker Bill.
    [​IMG]

Bill Bubble Guy and theSHE124 like this.
  16. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Awww! This is so sweet! I forgot Jane was a mother to him, but he was always with Jim. Like father, like Frog! (sighs) Thanks for sharing this wonderful tribute, FrackleFan.

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  17. FrackleFan2012

No problem. :jim:

18. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Tell me 'bout it, grrlz! This is such an adorable tribute! :):cry:

19. FrackleFan2012

Here's a tribute picture made by Jesse Oliver.
    [​IMG]

20. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Glad you like my tribute drawing! :)

Muppet fan 123 likes this.