1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Remembering Jane Henson (1934-2013)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Apr 2, 2013.

1. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

I didn't say it was a bad thing. :oops: I was just noticing it, that's all! Sorry 'bout bringing that up.

Twisted Tails likes this.
  2. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

4. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I started a converstation here on the forums about what the Muppets really mean to us fans. There have been some very touching posts and I almost wanted to send them to Jane but she passed before I even started the thread. I know that people from Henson/Disney/Sesame see what we put on here but I think if the Henson's would see some of these posts it would warm there heart of the work that both Jim and Jane have giving to the world. It really is touching and I don't think that this world will ever see anyone as wonderful and giving and caring as Jim and Jane both seemed to be.

Mo Frackle and theSHE124 like this.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The current issue of People Magazine has a little blurb about Jane in their obituary section.

7. Walter

Walter Active Member

While Jane may not be here anymore, she will always be with us...

My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to Heather and the entire Henson family...

8. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

I know I'm late to this discussion, but I just wanted to share my tribute card to Jane Henson. The original is with a friend of mine who works at Sesame Workshop. This person made sure to show it to one of the Henson kids. I can't really say any more about that, but I did tell my friend "Since Jane knew a lot of folks at Sesame Workshop, can you just tack it up on the bulletin board in the lounge? Next to the coffee pot would be appropriate. Sorry I can't make the memorial service."

I promised that they (the Sesame folks) would get to see it first before I posted it online.

So anyway, here it is.

Here's to Jane.

9. FrackleFan2012

What a nice tribute. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

10. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Oh yes, a really great card design, John! :fanatic:

11. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Thanks, folks. I know Wontkins isn't getting blown up, smashed, eaten, etc. but I figured under the circumstances, the two of them could declare a truce.

theSHE124 and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  12. Nicholas Lemon

Nicholas Lemon New Member

Hi all,

I had the most wonderful opportunity to meet Mrs. Henson several years ago at a Sesame Workshop workshop. She took a great interest in what I was doing, what was on the horizon, etc. I will always be glad that I was able to meet and share some time with her.

Nicholas

13. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

They did a beautiful tribute to her at the O'Neil Puppetry Conference. Very moving.

14. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Really, Mr. Foobly? What was it like? :confused:

15. FrackleFan2012

Yeah! What was the tribute like?

16. MrBloogarFoobly

A few long0time puppeteers delivered eulogies, and then everyone paraded down to the sunken garden on the O'Neill campus. A tree was planted in her honor, and everyone hung messages for Mrs. Henson on the tree. The ceremony concluded with a song - Rainbow Connection, of course. I hope someone recorded it...

FrackleFan2012 and theSHE124 like this.
  17. FrackleFan2012

That's wonderful. Someone might have recorded the whole tribute privately.

18. MrBloogarFoobly

Yeah, I guess it's not our place to have it. The family should have it. Beautiful though it was.

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  19. dinoboy

dinoboy Member

how sad to hear of her passing. She must be happy to be reunited with Jim Henson in heaven.

theSHE124 likes this.
  20. FrackleFan2012

Yeah, I think she is.