1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Oscarfan, Aug 23, 2012.

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

muppetfan24/7 and BuddyBoy600alt like this.
  2. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Wow! That is a cool picture! I do remember that when I saw "Manny's Land of Carpets" a few more times earlier this summer, I recognize Jerry Nelson's voice when he announces Bubba's Burger Barn, Manny's Land of Carpets (sort of), and other things. LOL! Okay, so he is a silly creature but gosh I really know that voice. He will be missed!
    Collgoff and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  3. FrackleFan2012

4. Briarosethorn

Briarosethorn New Member

Hello :) I'm not sure if any of you have seen the thread i started, but I am making a tribute video for Jerry Nelson. I've seen a lot of great material I would like to use on this thread, but i don't want to use anything without permission. So, if you want to help me out and let me use your material in my video, please either reply to the thread or pm me :) Thanks for your help!
  5. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

A haiku from the S.H.E. :

Country folk singer
    Musician to the Muppets
    Rocker to the core!

The one underlined is meant to be screamed. :fanatic:
    Hubert and Yorick like this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Perfect description of Jerry, covering all aspects of his music and personality in three short lines. You're great at these.
  7. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Hey guys, let's remember cute little Robin on Frog Day. Yes, it's Frog Day! Happy Frog Day, everybody! :):):)
  8. FrackleFan2012

Hey, everyone!
    NYC's Museum of Moving Image is going to host a tribute to Jerry Nelson. It will be held Saturday, October 27th at 2:00 pm.

http://www.movingimage.us/visit/calendar/2012/10/27/detail/a-tribute-to-jerry-nelson

There will be live appearances by Fran Brill, Bill Baretta, Dave Goelz, and some special surprises. There might be an appearance by some of The Muppets as well.
    There will be clips on Jerry Nelson's entire career as well as rare videos.
    jgidley, Cindy, ploobis and 1 other person like this.
  9. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Or if you prefer, Hoppy Frog Day! :)
    muppetfan24/7 and theSHE124 like this.
  10. John Horne

John Horne New Member

I read this blog almost every day but never posted until now. I wanted to post this news before someone else does. Like everyone else i was very sad to learn about Jerry' Nelson's passing. But its great how many tributes there are out there to him right now. I found a very starnge one on a comic I read called "The Lost Side Suburbia" on GoComics. It is also a childrens book series and I bought two of the book on kindle last month. In the current story on GoComics Jerry Nelson appears as a kind man who is helping the main characters fight an evil thing called the bogey. It even mentions his daughter Christine and has lots of other muppet mentions. The Jerry Nelson character actually appeared before the realife Jerry Nelson even died. The author must be a muppet fan because I read two of the earlier books and there were muppet mentions like Fozzie being in jail with other comedians.
  11. John Horne

John Horne New Member

12. Monster

Monster New Member

I miss Jerry. I believe I was the very last person to work with him. I directed the photo shoot for his PR picture with Count Von Count and Herry Monster. It was SO wonderful to work with him that day. And after we did the photos he had to do some sound bites of Count Von Count... he was ver y calm and mellow for the shoot but THEN... when he did The Count he PERKED UP LIKE HE WAS 25 YEARS OLD!! And some of the performers pick one person to emote to when they are performing voice overs... and he picked ME!!! I was so touched. The Count was saying, "Count With ME... 1... 2... 3..." And I just wanted to blurt out, "1... 2... 3...!"
    ... but I kept it together. It was a beautiful shoot... and the very last time I would see my friend, Jerry Nelson.
    Just wanted to share.
  13. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

I hope someone can upload all the stuff recordered by Jerry Nelson for the season 43 of Sesame Street!! it would be a nice tribute to him and his last work!!!
  14. FrackleFan2012

Aaawww... You're so lucky. I bet the people you saw were glad to see you work with a legendary puppeteer.
    I hope you get to meet The Count again, whether who performs him now.
    What were the sound bites for? Did you have a video recording of it? Was The Count operated by another person while he was talking?
  15. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Is anybody going to the living imagoes mueseum event in New York?
    You know the one about Jerry Nelson!
    I hope I wll go there!
  16. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

I can't. NYC's a world away from me! :(
  17. FrackleFan2012

Aaaww.. Sorry to hear that.
  18. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Why?
  19. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

NYC is a bus ride away from me, so I'll be going. The only thing is that me and my mom aren't reserving tickets ahead of time since there isn't really any reason to become a museum member, and are instead arriving a few hours before the event starts, so I'm hoping tickets won't run out.
  20. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

A "world away" means very far away, therefore she doesn't have the time or money to go.