Remembering Jim Henson...

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's a great menu Jamie, thanks for putting it together for everyone.

I still remember when I heard the sad news - I was really sick that year as a kid (I was 12 or 13) and it came over the radio that had been left on in a room where I was having some kind of heart test done.

Probably most people on here have read Jim Henson: The Works. One of my favorite rememberence of Jim Henson is from that book, in the introduction Harry Belafonte ponders the source of Jim Henson's creative spark and uniqueness:

"...if nothing in the environment can be directly credited for who and what he (Jim Henson) became, then where did it come from? Where did he get "it"?

In my search for an answer I looked at the milestones of chance and coincidence that touched his life. I talked with people whom he encountered and whose offerings he drew upon to fufill his objectives. Then I realized...that I could have never found the answer. The "it" I was looking for could not be found in a place or an incident. The answer is simple. Jim Henson was blessed. He was one of those rare persons who, despite whatever life does or does not offer, will stand out as one of the brightest stars in their galaxy."

We should all be so lucky.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Koozbanian Foob
I couldn't help but remember his death, since what it meant to me can be summed up in one post, something that would be impossible for me to do with his life.
I didn't mean we SHOULDN'T remember his death. His death is, sadly, unforgetable. But, his work is also unforgettable.

I should have said something to the affect of remembering both, and talking about both. As both his life and his death have had a great effect on all of us.

Sorry 'bout the confusion.

:smile: :sympathy: :smile: :sympathy: :smile:

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Frogboy4 WHERE ARE YOU?????? HOW DO YOU GET TO MEET THEM ALL??? IS THERE SOME FESTIVAL GOING ON????

WHAT IS HAPPENING?????:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mark,

Jamie met them at a Caroll Spinney book signing yesterday. Caroll brought Oscar along as well as he has done on most of the tour dates. We have been discussing Caroll's book signing tour for several weeks. It was a wonderful, unexpected surprise for Jamie when Dave happened to be there at the same time.

This article includes a listing of the tour dates. He has a couple more the next few days.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/042703.shtml

Mark Filton

Reaction score
WOW...Phillip...you Muppetcentral guys really get around to the big stars.:big_grin:

I am amazed...:eek:

This website is no joke:embarrassed:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Great menu, Jamie! Maybe next year you can get the menu to regenerate when you hit Reload, but only with Jim characters. It'd be interesting to see just how many characters he's performed, and it'd be nice to get some odd ones like Nigel from S & V and Jen (sp?) from Dark Crystal. (Don't get me wrong, that's NOT a complaint about this menu. I love it! This is me saying, with enthusiasm and possibly naviete, "Ooh! Ooh! Fun. Now can we try this?")

We miss you, Jim. Here's a 5-character salute:

:smile: :big_grin: :stick_out_tongue: :sympathy: :sleep:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Hi, I really dont want to sound stupid but theres lots of things in the henson world I dont know. Is it coming up to the anniversary of Jim's Death? if so whats the exact date? I hate to say I dont know, I should but I have forgotten and seeing this post I am assuming the anniversary must be around this time.

Forgive me if I sound stupid, maybe I havent read all the posts yet!

:concern: :confused:

Gremlin

Reaction score
Jim Henson taught this world to enjoy life and to look upon the positive side of life, He was a huge inspiration to all on earth his creative genius and good sense of humor is surely missed, but he woudn't want people to mourn but to only carrie on his dream to make a better future... someday we will find that rainbow connection the lovers the dreamers and all..........:smile: