Repetitive Login

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Thats really strange. I haven't encountered this problem at all. It seems like it might be only you having this problem (or other people just haven't said anything about it). But you said you tried this on multiple computers and browsers...

Is it possible for your account settings to have gotten glitched with the upgrade? I dont mean like your personal settings, but something internally on the server glitched up your account.

Do you attempt to log in in one browser then log in shortly afterwards on a different browser or device? It might be freaking out that your logged in twice and booting you off. I dunno. Some websites are like that. But I have logged in on my phone while logged in on my computer and I'm not logged out so...

I have no clue. Ignore my illogical theories.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thats really strange. I haven't encountered this problem at all. It seems like it might be only you having this problem (or other people just haven't said anything about it). But you said you tried this on multiple computers and browsers...

Is it possible for your account settings to have gotten glitched with the upgrade? I dont mean like your personal settings, but something internally on the server glitched up your account.

Do you attempt to log in in one browser then log in shortly afterwards on a different browser or device? It might be freaking out that your logged in twice and booting you off. I dunno. Some websites are like that. But I have logged in on my phone while logged in on my computer and I'm not logged out so...

I have no clue. Ignore my illogical theories.
I am quite certain that it has nothing to do with anything on my end. I can keep saying the same thing in a different accent or with hand puppets to demonstrate it. We could sing a song about it with Ernie and Bert, but you know - it is what it is. I always have to key in the first few letters of my username for MC Forums to remember me because this irritating place keeps logging me out and there's nothing to do on my end to remedy the problem. If it continues I can always just quit coming here.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Both of those things I said have to do with the website itself...I'm not saying its you.

The second one might have not been as obvious that I was talking about website functions, but still...I wasnt implying that it was you causing it

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Screw it. MC won't care unless I had Ebay stamped on my butt.

I'm not upset with you, Floyd. :sing:

There's a lot about this website and forum that never get fixed. Well, unless it's an advertisement of course.

I suppose my issues with login aren't priority since acknowledging my disinterest in providing even more free design work for Muppet Central or going through reducing the size and quality of the existing smilie faces that I think look beautiful just the way they are. I'm becoming increasingly dissatisfied and don't know if I can contunue supporting this forum as it's not quite clear what MC's mission is anymore. I'm just here for the fantastic people. If they moved - - I would too. Muppet Central as a brand makes me incredibly uncomfortable these days.

So please, treat me like a crazy person and don't address my issue. It's the perfect way to endear me to this site and forum. :mad:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I completely understand where your coming from. It has seemed like there is no real interest in maintaining the site. Nothing has been really updated since I joined except for the cards going offline (and despite constant reassuring they will come back up, I dont see it). The Season Guides for 3, 4, and 5 are nowhere to be seen, and I'm sure people would volunteer to write them. I think people have (I could be wrong).

I sometimes wonder if there wasnt such an active forum, the site would be either abandoned or shut down completely :/

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Eulogy to Muppet Central

I completely understand where your coming from. It has seemed like there is no real interest in maintaining the site. Nothing has been really updated since I joined except for the cards going offline (and despite constant reassuring they will come back up, I dont see it). The Season Guides for 3, 4, and 5 are nowhere to be seen, and I'm sure people would volunteer to write them. I think people have (I could be wrong).

I sometimes wonder if there wasnt such an active forum, the site would be either abandoned or shut down completely :/
You're right. There's been absolutely no interest in maintaining any fresh content on Muppet Central except for advertisements or pasting up the rare press release. The Muppet Mindset, Tough Pigs, The MuppetCast and MuppetFans.com are definitely the places to be now. These are great resources that actively encourage content rather than ignore it and toss it in a drawer.

There appears to be some sort of recent half-as$ed attempt to cash in on the upcoming motion picture, but I believe fandom should be year round! I've largely been treated in a fair-weathered manner from the brass here and that's disappointing because I've given remarkably much for 10 years! I feel used and it would take and act of Frog to bring me back now.

I kind of wish that there were an alternative to Muppet Central Forums where all users felt comfortable. I love Tough Pigs and check the site and forum often. Their adult swim forum works fine for me, however it's not for everybody and that's its strength. That should never change. It would be great if MuppetFans.com or MuppetMindset.com had a forum. Heck. Make one and I'll jump ship tomorrow.

I really wanted to rally with everybody else in bringing back the shine of MC, but that's just not going to happen. All I can do now keep logging after it boots me after 10 minutes of inactivity and love on my friends here. Personally, I'd rather not put another dime in MC's pocket.

Muppet Central isn't dead. It's past that. MC is the undead zombie version of what it used to be and I'm worried about infection. :smirk:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I would hate to see you go Jamie. I know you are frustrated but it does sound like a problem unique to you and your username. I've tried it on several different browsers and it always keeps me logged in. I'm positive you know what you are doing so my guess is that something on the host site got corrupted during the upgrade. It is disappointing that someone at MC hasn't done more to help you. Have you tried creating another username and account to see if it happens with a new account? At least that might narrow down where the problem is. Don't know, just spit balling ideas.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words of support I've gotten here and in Private Messages. To make it clear, I'm not leaving. Well, until there's an alternative to this forum. If MuppetFans.com maintained a forum I'd leave and not look back, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

The dismissive attitude from the brass on my login problem is irritating, however it's indicative of much larger issues. I stood by Muppet Central even after it began to harm my other relationships in the fan community. I'm not investing any more in this place until it invests in me.

I've provided so much free, hard work and never received a thing for it but grief and criticism from the webmaster. It's like when someone gives you free custom furniture and then keeps calling you at the worst possible times to keep moving it around for them in unnecessary ways while ignoring other vital issues of importance.

The last thing I provided to Muppet Central is the beautiful facebook icon that took them a week to actually upload. It's always been a fair weathered relationship where contributors are taken for granted. I've thought about making a few new smilies, but was asked to completely retrofit all of the already pixel-perfect images to meet some new arbitrary standard. We have no cards section, but let's tinker with what's already beloved and working. What the frog?

As the Muppet publicity machine gears up it will become important what site we support. Do we stand by faithful fans that have supported us or the ones who ignored us until there was a spotlight? MuppetFans.com left MC off their roster and for good reason. I'll stick around here until someone has a better option, but I no longer endorse the Muppet Central brand.

Make no mistake - I love the people in this neighborhood, I just don't like the place itself and its slum lord. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I, of course, am stupid about computer stuff.

Here is what I just did:

I logged in--username and password--but didn't click on "remember me," and when I closed the browser window and came back to the forum I had to sign in again.

This time, I hit "remember me," and logged out of the browser window. When I came back, I didn't have to sign in again. And it remembered me.

Wish I knew what to do to fix it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I, of course, am stupid about computer stuff.

Here is what I just did:

I logged in--username and password--but didn't click on "remember me," and when I closed the browser window and came back to the forum I had to sign in again.

This time, I hit "remember me," and logged out of the browser window. When I came back, I didn't have to sign in again. And it remembered me.

Wish I knew what to do to fix it.
This forum used to keep me logged in for weeks until I logged myself out. I'm not sure what the fix is or if it's just my profile. I never had to fiddle with any login panel or had any issue until this latest forum shift. I only know that Muppet Central has been and continues to be disinterested in its users unless there's some great big Muppet project coming out. The moderators do a great and thankless job. This is more of a mission statement issue from the top. I feel that all the fans here are taken for granted. :sympathy: