Repetitive Login

Slackbot

Reaction score
To be honest, the forum is the only reason I'm here, and that only because if the fan art/fanfic section. If it weren't the only Muppet-centric place I could find on the 'net with an active fic/art community, I wouldn't have bothered. And as it was I had a hard time joining, as I am an AOL user and this forum refuses to accept AOL addresses as contacts. I wrote to the "contact an admin" address, and heard nothing until six months later, when I got a bland "use a non-AOL address, have a nice day" response. By that time I'd just used a fake E-mail address that I'll never check again to sign on.

I wasn't impressed with the level of support either. :frown:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I can see by your join date you didnt experience the whole AOL epidemic. For a while, AOL emails were supported, but took forever to get. I used to use AOL, and still do when I am home from school. When I joined, it literally took me a week to get the confirmation email. I didnt bother contacting anyone because I just assumed if I joined this was another forum I would leave after a month. Anyway, I dont remember what year it was, might have been 2008, when it was changed so that AOL emails did not work. And anyone who signed up with an AOL email was FORCED to get a new email and REACTIVATE their account. So, yeah, that was a bit scary to sign in and have a big message saying your account wasnt activated and you couldnt post. Not many people were happy about that to say the least. There was absolutly no warning it was going to happen. It was more of an afterthought "Oh, by the way, starting today you need to get a new email address" -_-