Republicans Want To Get Rid Of PBS and Sesame Street

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
it's so funy you posted this (it's not but you will see why) I was watching the simpsons the other day and they played the episode where Marge makes them get rid of the sugar and at the begining they have have a local Republican meeting and Krusty the Clown says "how about we cut the funding for PBS I'm sick of those Darn *edit bad word cause of family board and all* Muppets taking money from my pockets!"
I was like omg haha so wierd they played that and I never noticed him saying that before.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
IF they cut funding - which will show that politicians really do NOT work for the American People - there will be 2 options to keep PBS alive:

1) We'll just all have to support it with donations.
2) They can go to commercial television and sell commercials.

beaker

Reaction score
Now all we need is legislature to scale back Elmo's World to 10 minutes, and increase the puppet air time:smile:

mikealan

Reaction score
Actually, there are big news about Season 37 coming to PBS on August 14th. I think the Republicans who wanted to get rid of SS and PBS are bad guys but back last year I was upset that SS and PBS would be canned due to the cuts of Public Broadcasting.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Gay marriage and P.B.S. They go hand in hand in an election year. Scary stuff.:rolleyes:

BEAR

Reaction score
This has to happen every year and it saddens and dissappoints me. However it makes me happy that we haven't had problems so far.

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
don't listen to their silly stuff!! they don't know what they're doing! republicans just aren't sesame street fans. their loss...