Requesting Constructive Critique

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Hi all! I am putting my recent education to use with trying to create a website for my puppets, by using what I learned in my Adobe Illustrator class. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. I will be adding more as I go along. The link is down below my signature.

:excited:My husband and I are also tossing the idea back and forth of starting our own Puppet Troupe here in Tucson. We have three girls ages 10, 13 & 15 who love the idea of making it a family venture. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of that around here. I'd appreciate any help on how to get that started as well. I figure this is the best place to ask. We will be doing everything from building the puppets and stage, to writing the scripts, and we've already looked into the sound system, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Deb :flirt:

fishbone

Reaction score
free shows ,make flyers, call libraries, childrens hospitals,get a stage,puppetproductions has good ones.pre rec. scripts are a good start. theres all sortsa stuff :rolleyes:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
libraries LOVE that sort of stuff...trust me!!!!! in oklahoma, we have a summer reading program....and there is a theme every year! if you could find out the theme for next year, you could develop a show and travel to different libraries! Just contact Arizona's department of libraries....(or the equal) *I figure you mean Tuscon Arizona.....*

assuming libraries in Arizona do that......but it would be great if they did!

puppets_etc

Reaction score
The library is something I hadn't even thought about, thanks Fishbone (feel funny saying that:embarrassed:) & Sarah. :wink:

The stage and probably most of the props we will be constructing ourselves. Still debating whether or not to use the robe velour for the stage curtain though. There is something called "Commando" fabric that is supposed to be blackout fabric and not let any light through, will have to do more checking on that. :smirk:

Deb :flirt:

fishbone

Reaction score
you could do buraku style(is that how u say say it?)you know ,like kids on the block those crippled kids,table top puppetry just wear black,i'm thinking of just a traveling stage...fishbone is read hot!!!!! :stick_out_tongue:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Very good website! its great for a first time anyway!

Great puppets too, Id love to start making some really good puppets of my own.

why not check out my site!

from,
Paul :smile:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
I'm definately no pro, but why not add a background image and put some photos of your puppets and shows in a gallery on a seperate page?

Also, check out this website: http://www.puppetport.com/start/index.cfm

I've bumped heads with this guy and don't really care much for him personally, but he does have a very nice site with helpful information and his puppets are pretty cool. Aside from doing other works, he also mentions that he works for JHC in his "About Me" Page on Ebay, so he's gotta be pretty knowledgeable.

-Michele

fishbone

Reaction score
heyyyyy i resemble that remark,no i like his puppets ,but it's all the same puppet but w/ diff hair &clothes,i like yours better,cuz there not the same ,i want to the the basqiut of the puppet world.hey how do i put my pic. next to my name? :smile: