Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
No, that’s your hyperbole to justify your radical nationalism.
You literally called the country stolen land and the borders imaginary lines. You do not believe a nation has any right to regulate immigration. Believing a country should have a border is far from radical.

I'm not trying to get out of further discussion. I'm saying there is no way to have a discussion on immigration with someone who stated they don't believe in borders. There is no way we can reach common ground.

Censored

Reaction score
You literally called the country stolen land and the borders imaginary lines. You do not believe a nation has any right to regulate immigration. Believing a country should have a border is far from radical.
The land was stolen and all borders are man-made. Sorry. Does that mean there should be no regulation at all? No. It means it should be done with humility and common sense based on the situations. It’s called moderation.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Mr Trump: Mr. Sessions your FIRED, but before you go will you write me a letter saying you quit?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The land was stolen and all borders are man-made. Sorry. Does that mean there should be no regulation at all? No. It means it should be done with humility and common sense based on the situations. It’s called moderation.
Personally, I think it should be made easier for people who want to have a fresh new and better start come into America. At the same time it should be more difficult for criminals and terrorists to enter into the country as well.

MWoO

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds to me like you think we should accept any and all immigrants no matter how they enter the country as long as they did not commit a crime in their country of origin. Ok fine. If they enter without the governments knowledge or consent, how do we know who is and isn't a criminal?

Again, I am talking about illegal immigration, not immigration as a whole. Immigration is very much a part of our history, but illegal immigration, immigration without consent or knowledge, is wrong and should punished.

why should some people enter legally and go through the process while others skip the line? People can apply for asylum or be considered refugees, which has specific guide lines. People can apply for work visas. People can apply when they have immediate family that are citizens. do those trying to enter the proper way not deserve compassion? I say they deserve more compassion because they are also showing respect for our laws.

I know many legal immigrants. My grandmother and grandfather on my fathers side were legal immigrants. My mother recently married a legal immigrant who came here not knowing any English and assimilated to the American culture. They worked hard to make a life for my family. Many of the legal immigrants I know have no tolerance for illegal immigrants.

Censored

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds to me like you think we should accept any and all immigrants no matter how they enter the country as long as they did not commit a crime in their country of origin. Ok fine. If they enter without the governments knowledge or consent, how do we know who is and isn't a criminal?

Again, I am talking about illegal immigration, not immigration as a whole. Immigration is very much a part of our history, but illegal immigration, immigration without consent or knowledge, is wrong and should punished.

why should some people enter legally and go through the process while others skip the line? People can apply for asylum or be considered refugees, which has specific guide lines. People can apply for work visas. People can apply when they have immediate family that are citizens. do those trying to enter the proper way not deserve compassion? I say they deserve more compassion because they are also showing respect for our laws.

I know many legal immigrants. My grandmother and grandfather on my fathers side were legal immigrants. My mother recently married a legal immigrant who came here not knowing any English and assimilated to the American culture. They worked hard to make a life for my family. Many of the legal immigrants I know have no tolerance for illegal immigrants.
You’re wrong. That’s more of your hyperbole. I said (numerous times now) that it should be decided on a case by case basis and children should never be punished for the actions of the adults. Every case of undocumented immigrantion does not justify arrest and detainment. You really need to get away from this “all or nothing” way of thinking.

Censored

Reaction score
BTW, the current people in power hate legal immigrants too.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
BTW, the current people in power hate legal immigrants too.
I'm not sure hate is the right word. Accept sounds more appropriate, and could be extended to all other races and people of different sexual orientation. Both sides can not seem to accept that people are different and do not always agree.

MWoO

Reaction score
You’re wrong. That’s more of your hyperbole. I said (numerous times now) that it should be decided on a case by case basis and children should never be punished for the actions of the adults. Every case of undocumented immigrantion does not justify arrest and detainment. You really need to get away from this “all or nothing” way of thinking.
Ok then, tell me on what grounds you think we should detain illegal immigrants, those that are already here and those attempting to cross the border without our consent.