Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The direct quote "vegetables of color" just sounds like something someone pulled out of their *** to make up such a brilliant news story.

:rolleyes: what a joke.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm noticing that it's mostly conservative and Christian news sources that are covering this, and not much anything else . . . does that mean the libtards actually agree with this? :stick_out_tongue:

To be fair, I remember watching a Let's Play years ago, and the guys doing the Let's Play commented on an overly stereotypical Hispanic/Latino accent, pointing out that it sounded nearly identical to the peas from VEGGIETALES, and one of them even commenting, "Wow, even I'm offended by this accent." (And this after the same guy did a fake Irish accent earlier in the video, but pointing out he means not to offend anyone, he just loves faking Irish accents.)

But, I mean, this is kind of another example of P.C. Gone Mad: you can't even give a character a foreign-sounding accent - even if it's not aimed at any specific, real-life culture or region - without it being deemed "offensive." Would Boris and Natasha be considered "racist" by today's standards? They're fictional characters, from the fictional Soviet country of Pottsylvania, and speak with fictional Pottsylvanian accents . . . in fact, way back when, June Foray and Paul Frees were instructed they could do anything but a Russian accent to avoid any kind of conflicts with Russia (given this was during the time of the Cold War, and Russia really was our mortal enemy).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And yet, we can't get radio stations to ban Ed Sheeran's "Shape of You" for literally blatantly promoting objectifying women and fornication. Or any of the many Bruno Mars songs where he sings about getting his rocks off - "Locked Out of Heaven" being particularly sacreligious and blasphemous.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think it's just a biased issue of what songs keep the radio stations alive.

MWoO

Reaction score
Are they going to ban the letter "j" from the alphabet too just in case?

To be fair, candy canes shape are connected to Jesus, but not the letter J. Thatd just stupid. They were made cain shaped to represent the shepards that visited the baby Jesus. The principal doesnt even know what he banned.

Im not Christian, but Christmas does not offend me. If schools want to start celebrating all winter holidays then thats cool. Banning them, however, is stupid. Schools shouldnt teach religious doctrine, but they cant act like religion does not exist either.

Also, it says the principal allows the Frozen character Olaf. Frozen isnt even a winter movie. It takes place in the summer. Did he just assume Olaf's season?

Censored

Reaction score
I think this thread is officially becoming a commercial for Fox News.