Return to the Magic (Fraggle Fanfic)

christyb

Reaction score
Sorry this took so long....

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter 18 Part B[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A collective gasp of shock followed and Amy whispered in a voice that was barely audible voice, “It’s me.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“What else would you expect? After all you are the one who sent me down here,” an identical voice said in a level but yet lilting tone.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I have no idea what you are talking about,” Amy managed to choke out.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Sure you do. After all, “Fraggle Rock is nothing but a stupid story.” Remember that?”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I never…I mean…I said those things, but I didn’t mean them the way you said them.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Words are funny things aren’t they? Once you release the spell they weave; it is impossible to get them back,” the shadow gloated and leaned cockily against the wall.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Who are you and what have I done?” Amy gasped in horror while looking back at her hurt friends.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“ I’m so glad you asked. You see my dear I am you. A part of you that most people never see. I am your inner self. The you that no one sees.” the shadow calmly replied.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“But..what does that have to do with the fraggles? And Meggie. Why are you here?”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Yet, another easy question. You banished me here as a child. Fraggle Rock was a myth and so was I. You didn’t want me nor the fraggles. You see this place cannot exist without a keeper. Uncle Doc was chosen before you and you were to be next. However, you refused. When no one is willing to carry the tradition the the tradition must die. I am simply the means of excuting your commands.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Commands? I’m afraid to know what those are.”
“They’re simple. Remove the fraggles from existence. The magic couldn’t hold them all. So I simply helped it along a little.”
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“The disappearances…”
“Were all me. Or rather you. Yes a few did indeed pass on. But the rest are in another place simply. Darkness is what they call it.”
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Amy was stunned. The fraggles listened in horror. Neither could believe what was being told. The shadow paused slightly for effect. After what seemed to be hours of silence Amy finally asked the question that hung unasked in the air, “Can you bring them back?” [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“No, once they are gone it is forever. I cannot neither change what has happened nor stop what is about to happen,” the shadow answered.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“You can’t. No more fraggles. This is not what I want. Please don’t take the others away too,” Amy pleaded.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Someone must go. I cannot just leave them be. Unless you are willing to take their place,” the shadow said and stood up straight looking intently into Amy’s eyes.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Yes take me.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“If you are certain. This is the only way for the magic to be reborn. Are you sure you want to go?” the shadow implored and kept it’s gaze while Amy nodded, “Very well then. Come”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In an instant the hypnotic music began to play and the shadow beckoned Amy began that slow careful walk towards her. A voice was heard in the distance, “Amy no!” However, it was too late. Amy felt a rush of wind and all went black.[/font]

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Another wonderful installment! I had just posted over in the "top 5 posters" thread wondering when you'd post the next chapter and then here it was! Sorry I didn't see it first! Anyway, it's awesome, I can't wait to see what happens next as usual!

christyb

Reaction score
Due To Excessive begging on FR....

Here's Chapter 19!!! And thanks for being patient with the odd font sizes. One of these day's I'll figure out how to keep this from happening.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter Nineteen[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Miss, Miss, Wake up now. It’s time,” a nurse walked into the hospital room and shook Amy gently.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Oh man, I must’ve dozed off. Where am I?” Amy asked and looked up.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]She gazed upwards and smiled. It was all a dream or so she thought. Amy had returned to Doc’s hospital room. He lay there resting peacefully as the nurse walked and prepared to turn off the life support. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The nurse looked at Amy questioningly. She nodded for him to finish his duties. One by one the machines went off. Seconds passed as hours. Within a few minutes the fate of her Uncle would be decided. He never wanted to be kept alive artificially. Finally, the heart monitor began to slow down as silent tears ran down her face.
Amy gently picked up Doc’s hand, gently kissed it, and brought it to her face, “I love you.” She said as the silence between the beeps grew longer.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By this time the nurse had left giving Amy what would seem those last moments alone. However, a gentle tap was placed on Amy’s shoulder. She looked back and perched on her sholders was Kinu. The others were perched upon the bed. No words were needed. They all knew what was going on. For an instant the heaviness of the moment was forgotten as Amy saw all her friends who had come to be with her. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A moan came from the bed and a hand began to caress her, “Amy the spark. It’s back. I can see it in you eyes.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Uncle Doc! You’re going to be okay!” Amy exclaimed as all the faces began to smile.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Of course,” he chuckled, “ But who’s this?”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Well, Doc these are some friends of mine. They’re fraggles. They came to be with us today,” Amy smiled.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Well…well, what’s been going on behind my back?” Doc asked with his eyes sparkling with tears of joy. For his little girl had found the magic.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Then sit back, because we have a story for you,” Amy said and began telling her story with the fraggle’s help. The story you just read.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]~~~~~~~~~The End~~~~~~~~~[/font]

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... When can we expect the next one? J/K.

Waldorf: OK Fraggle, we watched the whole thing.
Statler: Now unlock the doors!

christyb

Reaction score
But wait it's not finished yet....

Epilogue or Chapter 20

***Some time later***

Amy walked into the new handyman shop. A place that her and her Uncle opened up after his recovery. It was a small business but it kept them both busy. That and settling back into the old workshop. Many changes had been made. The old shop still had it’s flair and it’s tell-tale fraggle hole. The only major change was the addition to the back where Amy and Doc now lived.

“Uncle Doc! Hey Doc, I’m back! And I got that glue you wanted,” Amy yelled and took off her wraps.

“Amy, no need to yell I’m right here,” Doc said and took the glue.

Amy, took a quick look at her watch and gasped in shock, “Oh my goodness! I’m very late. Oh man they’re gonna kill me. You can watch the shop while I’m gone? I’ll only be out a few hours.”

“Don’t worry and tell Gobo I said congratulations!” Doc chuckled as Amy rushed out and a man with his puppet walked in, “Hello there. How may I help you?”

“Yes, we’re shooting a movie down the road. And this frog’s arm rod fell off. I was wondering if you had some glue I could use for a quick fix,” the customer said.

“Sure thing here ya go,” Doc said as Kermit the frog get’s a quick touch up.

*camera cuts to Amy running through a forest*
Amy runs and comes out at the Gorg’s garden where Meggie is working happily and humming to herself. She was used to Amy’s coming and goings. Everynow and then she would even stop and play. Ever since Junior became King of the Universe he didn’t have much time to amuse herself.

“You’re very late. They were just here looking for you,” Meggie looked up and said with her little lisp.

“I know. Has it happened yet? I had to go to the store,” Amy paused and asked.

Meggie nodded and said, “Uh huh, it’s a boy. Go see him. They’re waiting for you to announce his name.”

Amy said a quick goodbye an ran down the hole to the Rock. As much of a hurry she was in every single fraggle had to stop by and say hello. Finally, she made it to the entrance of Gobo’s home. Immediately Kinu and Mopu wanted to wrestle but there was no time for that.

“Guys..no..time! I’m late enough as it is!” Amy panted and laughed.

“Good you’re here. I thought you’d never come!” Sky squealed nervously.

“Yeah, every fraggle in the rock had to remind me that I was late. So where’s the baby brother?” Amy asked.

Sky took Amy’s hand and led her into the cave. Inside her mom and new dad sat beside a cradle with the rest of the fraggle five waiting. Gobo and Red both smiled and remarked yet again that Amy was late. Amy peered over the cradle and began the traditional exclaiming over the new baby.

“Gobo he looks just like you, but there‘s a little of his mother! So what’s his name?” Amy said.

“Well, we though you’d like to name him,” Gobo said.

“Me?? I’m honored,” Amy paused a moment to think, “Can’t break tradition can I? Hello there Mattie. Welcome to Fraggle Rock.”

*everyone laughs as the theme song begins playing. Red kisses her husband Gobo and the fraglet’s rush in as the song ends….*

“Down at Fraggle Rock!” Kinu and Mopu yell with the last note.

~~~~~The Real End!~~~~~

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea for a happy ending! I loved every minute of this story Christy. You have a real talent. Now I want to go back and read the whole thing from start to finish! I'm almost sad that it's over, but am glad it ended the way it did. Let us know if you ever start working on another one!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<standing ovation>
Me LOVES it! :flirt:
<continued standing ovation>
and I think that sums it up pretty well.