1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Review of the NEW Muppets.com

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by GelflingWaldo, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Jim Henson always kept the characters in character. Why else would Kermit be a guerst on a show and not Jim Henson? There are only a few instances in which Jim Henson pulled the curtain back. Once at the very end of the Muppet Show" Sex and Violence, The Men and NMuppets special, once as a special Jim Henson Hour episode, and then again with the Fraggle Rock episode Down at Fraggle Rock. Considering the many years of work, that's not a lot of curtain pulling. You have to keep the characters in character if you want to keep the illusion. Warner Bros. does it, Disney does it, and Jim Henson did it and the Jim Henson Company continued to do it after he died. What more do you want? You already HAVE a site with all the information about the performers you are looking for. You are on that site right now. You already have a site that has info on just about every muppet there ever was. it's caller Kermitage.com (I think). These sites are out there. What do you want? Another site with redundant information?

The muppets have yet to be just for kids. That is the thought though. AVMMC was not aimed at kids at all. It was a serious topic that had Kermit wanting to end his life! Come on, that is aimed at kids? You could say WoO is aimed at kids, but you haven't seen it yet. I wouldn't say the MGM movie was aimed at kids. Barney is aimed at kids. No adult in their right mind should be able to sit and watch Barney. The muppets aren't aimed at kids.
  2. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

The Jim Henson Company didn't pull back the curtin all that often, but they did respect and acknowledge the puppeteers. There is not one mention of any of the real actors and porformers on this new site. The old henson site had Bios on all the puppeteers, and each character said how played them, this site does not even mention that they are even played by anyone. The puppeteers are being pushed away into the darkenss of the public eye even more than ever before.
  3. The old Henson.com had bios, not the old Muppets.com. This is a new muppets.com. And as I said, this site provides more information than any other site could.
  4. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Information? Information? Where, please point it out to me, I must have missed it all.

Here is all the information I could find on the site:

Muppet Stamps press release (Stamps are coming in March to honor the Muppets)

Muppets Wizard of Oz Rap-up Press Release (not much actual information except they tell us that filming is done, who the 5 core muppets will play, the 4 big human roles, and that it will be out in the spring)

Muppet.com is here Press Release (Muppets.com is up now...duh, that's where I'm reading about it)

Bunsen & Beaker are were voted top scientists in a UK poll. (This is old, and non-useful information; except to show how popular the Muppets to 4000 people who voted online)

Wow that's a lot of information! 4 things, all of which is pretty old news.
  5. No, THIS site. Muppetcentral.com.
  6. christyb

christyb New Member

Anyone have an idea as to when the rest of the site will be open? (i.e. piggy's trailer, El Muppetan, etc.)
  7. Be patient. It will be open when it is open, and that is all there is to know.
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

And to think, that in 2002 we had the pretty suggestive AVMMCM and plans for an edgy Fox Prime Time Muppet Show.

Btw, I have a comic everyone under the age of 21 needs to read:
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2002-10-11&res=l
  9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Robin IS there...

Check Muppet Studios more closly
  10. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

You mean in the Studio Lounge? I thought he was there too, but it is actually a Kermit doll on the shelf. Or is he somewhere else?
  11. Mark Filton

Mark Filton New Member

Hey Luke, I know you and me got into some of the arguments about what the website would be like, but I have to be honest and say it is good.

I wish there was more about Jim, though. That bugs me. It's like the history is rubbed out :cry:

But I have to admit a good website, so you win there Luke :D

How come Frogboy has nothing to say in this thread :confused:
  12. Telekinesis

Telekinesis New Member

Great site. One of the best I've visited in who knows how long, actually. Things might be a little slow sometimes but that's to be expected with something like this. I'm also assuming they're still working out some bugs and getting everything set how they want it. I did notice something that struck me as funny though, not sure if it's been mentioned yet: the typo (read: "ususal") on the news page right before it mentions muppet fans being the smartest on the web. :)
  13. Uncle deadly

Uncle deadly New Member

It is very nice but at the minute there is not much to do on it.
  14. mikealan

mikealan New Member

Do you wanna know what I think about the NEW Muppets.com?

It had most of my favorites Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, Rizzo, Animal, Scooter, Swedish Chef, Bunsen, Beaker, Statler, Waldorf, & the Electric Mayhem, but it really didn't have much of Pigs In Space and Kermit's nephew Robin. :(

The Muppets' Wizard Of Oz Cast List does not feature Robin and he will not be in the movie. Bring back Kermit's nephew Robin!! Kermit would miss him very much!
  15. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

As for Robin on Muppers.com, if you go to the "Studio Lounge" page and look at the shelves on the wall you'll see Robin sitting there and smiling.
  16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!! tHATS not Robin ok it a kermit Doll man you people Robin will probly take some time to find someone to replace him.
  17. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Yeah, you're probably right as I look closer...really closer. It's so dang small.
  18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well, it seems Muppets.com has been updated more timely than any Muppet fansite, so that's good news(loved those hi res GMA and SNL pictures) Now if only they will have the Oz commercial trailer on there soon.
  19. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

yea nice pics. and i like the chrismass look of the lot.
  20. Gideon

Gideon New Member

obviously now theres more just not muppet records all else is there