Review of the NEW Muppets.com

Luke

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
When they go up I'll review them and update my stance. But as of now, I am not that impressed with the content of the site. (I am still in awe of the look and media though)
To be brutally honest, you spent so much time complaining about it before it actually launched that i'm not surprised its a dissapointment. They could have put everything up there and it still wouldnt have been the Encyclopedia Muppetania people for some reasons had in there minds from looking at a coming soon screen.

It's an ok site - it serves a purpose, to highlight future stuff that will make money for the company. Yes it is more about look but thats what you get with glossy official sites nowadays. It's pretty much the same as Muppetworld always was, there is little difference.

beaker

Reaction score
We're people expecting something more akin to thesimpsons.com or starwars.com ? There isn't much to report in Muppetland.

Thankfully Disney, I mean the "Muppet Holding Company"(tho holding implies a release eventually) has kept in the feel of Muppety mayhem. Pepe is still a womanizer, Sam Eagle is still a right wing nut. So it's all good.

Btw, is it me or are you and I the only 'grown ups' here Luke? heh

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I was really pleased with the site i felt like the muppets now have a home. a place they work and eat and play. i like that the homey feeling. it also has a classy but to the present kind of look and the videos of the muppets on everything was also ver very cool. i really dint like muppet world but i really like this. i showed the site to my mom she said it was to kidish. well i didnt think so i thought it was more family not kidish at all.
But hey my mom also thinks that this web site is strickly for aduts and i had to try and explain that one to.

All in all Good Job on the site sorry i complaind about it being late.

Speaking of that im going to write Muppet Holding Co to say im sorry to becaus i said some preety mean things on here about them and i know they probly dont care but i will feel better about it.

Reaction score
to much grouching

sure its not what you want as great muppet fans but lets get real. disney has never really be forth coming with new info about thier movies to begin with and thier web site itself leaves something to be desired. in reality the muppet site is exactly like thier miane site and that is the way it will always be! :wink:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Luke said:
To be brutally honest, you spent so much time complaining about it before it actually launched that i'm not surprised its a dissapointment. They could have put everything up there and it still wouldnt have been the Encyclopedia Muppetania people for some reasons had in there minds from looking at a coming soon screen.

It's an ok site - it serves a purpose, to highlight future stuff that will make money for the company. Yes it is more about look but thats what you get with glossy official sites nowadays. It's pretty much the same as Muppetworld always was, there is little difference.
I'm not disapointed, the site is exactly what I expected them to make since day one...exactly. The review is not to compain about the site. It is to point out and show that is is just another of thoses glossy official sites, and it is nothing special.

I do however wish and hoped it could have been some more, something better; but deep down I knew that a glossy, flashy and hallow site is what we would be getting.

Before it actually launched I was not compaining about the site, what the site would have, or would be - I was compaining about The Muppet Holding Company, and their decete and trickery in their customer service and manners when going about launching this site and the debacle of the incorrect counter. I had nothing against the site.

I still have nothing against the site, I just think they had an oppertunity with a lot of potential and missed it compleatly.

T

timrikthegorf

Decete and trickery? Are you kidding me? Dude, it's a muppet web site that didn't go up in time due to some kind of delay. That's all. You want to talk about decete and trickery look at the Bush administration.

christyb

Reaction score
Whoa now are we talking Muppets or Politics. LoL :smile:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Behind Sam at the desk is a picture on the wall of Jim Henson and Kermit – this is the only time a Muppeteer is mentioned (or seen) on the site. If you click on the picture a quote from Jim pops up. I’m disappointed that there is not more about the puppeteers on the site.
Thing is though- like it or not- the Muppets are now being aimed at kids. That is why so many of the jokes are changing, as are the characters. That is probably why Disney bought them; Muppets are now aimed at kids. This of course, doesnt mean that adults cant enjoy them. Another interesting fact. I dont know if its just that kids over here are a lot more naive than those in America; but I didnt find out Kermit was just a green sock till I was 10. If they go round posting they're operated by people then it will probably break a few kids' hearts. Or at leaast thats my suggestion

On an unrelated topic- words cant express how excited I was to see the Newsman in the NewsStand!!! It was just like, he was never in any of the movies I've seen so why should they count him! I was awestruck (and still am to be honest!!)

christyb

Reaction score
So essentially what your saying is that we're keeping it to "don't tell them that Santa Claus doesn't really exist" type thing. Hmm...I agree at that, but I don't see why Disney (oops Muppet Holding Co.) would have to change the jokes. The formula of humor for both adults and kids worked before why can't it work now?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
Thing is though- like it or not- the Muppets are now being aimed at kids. That is why so many of the jokes are changing, as are the characters. That is probably why Disney bought them; Muppets are now aimed at kids. This of course, doesnt mean that adults cant enjoy them. Another interesting fact. I dont know if its just that kids over here are a lot more naive than those in America; but I didnt find out Kermit was just a green sock till I was 10. If they go round posting they're operated by people then it will probably break a few kids' hearts. Or at least thats my suggestion
I don't remember ever not knowing they were puppets (and I've been seeing Muppets since birth), and even though I did know it never broke the illusion - it only made me more interested and impressed by the work.

Disney likes to keep the characters in character on their sites. For example, if you go to the Lizzie McGuire website not once will you see mention of Hillary Duff (the star of the show), it is all Lizzie this and Lizzie that. I think they want to keep the Muppets the Muppets and not show them as something/someone else. I don't really like that but I think we won't see information on Steve, Dave, Bill, Brian, Eric, Kevin or the others. Likewise I think information on Jim, Frank, Richard, and Jerry either.
:frown:

TuttertheMouse said:
On an unrelated topic- words cant express how excited I was to see the Newsman in the NewsStand!!! It was just like, he was never in any of the movies I've seen so why should they count him! I was awestruck (and still am to be honest!!)
I was excited about seeing him too too, when I first saw him it made me happy to see he was not forgotten. I wish they put more Muppets like him thoughout the site. He was in one of the movies; in The Great Muppet Caper he shows up with a special Muppet News Flash!