Review of the NEW Muppets.com

T

timrikthegorf

Jim Henson always kept the characters in character. Why else would Kermit be a guerst on a show and not Jim Henson? There are only a few instances in which Jim Henson pulled the curtain back. Once at the very end of the Muppet Show" Sex and Violence, The Men and NMuppets special, once as a special Jim Henson Hour episode, and then again with the Fraggle Rock episode Down at Fraggle Rock. Considering the many years of work, that's not a lot of curtain pulling. You have to keep the characters in character if you want to keep the illusion. Warner Bros. does it, Disney does it, and Jim Henson did it and the Jim Henson Company continued to do it after he died. What more do you want? You already HAVE a site with all the information about the performers you are looking for. You are on that site right now. You already have a site that has info on just about every muppet there ever was. it's caller Kermitage.com (I think). These sites are out there. What do you want? Another site with redundant information?

The muppets have yet to be just for kids. That is the thought though. AVMMC was not aimed at kids at all. It was a serious topic that had Kermit wanting to end his life! Come on, that is aimed at kids? You could say WoO is aimed at kids, but you haven't seen it yet. I wouldn't say the MGM movie was aimed at kids. Barney is aimed at kids. No adult in their right mind should be able to sit and watch Barney. The muppets aren't aimed at kids.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company didn't pull back the curtin all that often, but they did respect and acknowledge the puppeteers. There is not one mention of any of the real actors and porformers on this new site. The old henson site had Bios on all the puppeteers, and each character said how played them, this site does not even mention that they are even played by anyone. The puppeteers are being pushed away into the darkenss of the public eye even more than ever before.

T

timrikthegorf

The old Henson.com had bios, not the old Muppets.com. This is a new muppets.com. And as I said, this site provides more information than any other site could.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
And as I said, this site provides more information than any other site could.
Information? Information? Where, please point it out to me, I must have missed it all.

Here is all the information I could find on the site:

Muppet Stamps press release (Stamps are coming in March to honor the Muppets)

Muppets Wizard of Oz Rap-up Press Release (not much actual information except they tell us that filming is done, who the 5 core muppets will play, the 4 big human roles, and that it will be out in the spring)

Muppet.com is here Press Release (Muppets.com is up now...duh, that's where I'm reading about it)

Bunsen & Beaker are were voted top scientists in a UK poll. (This is old, and non-useful information; except to show how popular the Muppets to 4000 people who voted online)

Wow that's a lot of information! 4 things, all of which is pretty old news.

christyb

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea as to when the rest of the site will be open? (i.e. piggy's trailer, El Muppetan, etc.)

T

timrikthegorf

Be patient. It will be open when it is open, and that is all there is to know.

Beauregard

Reaction score
floydnjanicefan said:
Hey, that is a nice review! I am guessing that Rowlf will be in the Muppet Records section, and it says that Statler and Waldorf will be in the section with Fozzie. Hopefully the other characters will be added in time (especially Zoot, Robin, and Sweetums)

I really like the site though, it is a lot of fun...
Robin IS there...

Check Muppet Studios more closly

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Robin IS there...

Check Muppet Studios more closly
You mean in the Studio Lounge? I thought he was there too, but it is actually a Kermit doll on the shelf. Or is he somewhere else?