1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Ricky Gervais in Talks to Star in 'Muppets' Sequel

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by bknatchbull, Dec 17, 2012.

1. bknatchbull

bknatchbull Well-Known Member

jvcarroll likes this.
  2. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

Oh please god no! Anyone but him!!

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'd rather have him than NPH.

4. FletchySRF3088

I feel the opposite. I know there's people who love him and all but... ugh, I cannot stand the man. To have a small cameo like he almost did in the last film is tolerable, but THE HUMAN LEAD?!...

5. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'd be excited to see him. His work on The Office and Extras (oh my goodness I love Extras) shows that he can definitely play a deadpan character, which could help him with the craziness of the Muppets. Plus he's funny.

Plaid Fraggle and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I don't like the fact that we have three human leads in this.

But as for Mr. Gervais, I don't mind him much, and I would be satisfied with him in the movie...nothing great, but not the worst choice on the block, at least.

7. charlietheowl

Three leads? I thought there were two in Ty Burrell and now possibly Gervais since Christopher Waltz had to drop out. Am I forgetting someone or did Waltz not back out?

8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

The article linked above mentioned that Gervais would serve as one of the three human leads in the film.

9. charlietheowl

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I'm not surprised there is going to be a third role, since the studio probably wants a female character in there along with Gervais and Burrell. Three human leads does seem a bit top-heavy, but we still know very little about the plot at this point, so the importance of the roles isn't too clear yet.

10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

That is true, I just hope they don't make it too human heavy. I want this movie to focus more on the Muppets than on Ty Burrell and Ricky Gervais. We already had enough of overusing humans with Gary and Mary last time...

Frogpuppeteer and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  11. FletchySRF3088

My feelings about the possible casting aside, I do agree there rather be more muppets than humans in the movie and that the movie not revolve around any human like the first three movies didn't.

12. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

He's a perfect choice, he's funny and his work on Sesame Street shows that he's Muppet-ready. Full speed and 100% behind this idea!

13. ncchuck

ncchuck Active Member

I hope not on this choice , sorry I didnt even like his simpsons episodes ,I hope this is a rumor imo .

14. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

http://www.toughpigs.com/rumor-ricky-gervais/

I think he'd have great chemistry with the Muppets. He proves this with his scenes with Elmo, so why not have him clown around with Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Pepe, Animal, and the rest of the cast? I only wonder who the female lead will be.
    *one condition: if RG stars in this movie and it goes to DVD, they MUST release a blooper reel showing some good scenes where RG explodes into high-pitched laughter. I can't get enough of it.

jvcarroll likes this.
  15. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

YAAAAAAYYYYY!!

I hope he is in this movie! The castings for this movie just get better and better, huh?
    I think R.G. is a hilarious guy, and I love Ty Burell.
    Now all I need is an appearance by Nathan Lane. :)

Plaid Fraggle and jvcarroll like this.
  16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I forgot all about Nathan Lane, what's he been up to lately? I haven't seen him in years.

17. Muppet fan 123

He actually hasn't been doing that much recently, besides playing a recurring-character in Modern Family, he hasn't really had a "big role". Mostly just small cameos and stuff.
    I really love Nathan Lane, he's hilarious. He can make the lamest lines the most fun lines in a movie. He's very Muppety too.

18. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Not to mention he has previous connections to Disney: he voiced Timon the meerkat in the Lion King! :)

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  19. Muppet fan 123

Exactly. He's a perfect fit for any comedy movie. I was really hoping for a cameo by him in The Muppets, but Santa didn't grant my wish then.
    He was really great in LTS too. Nathan Lane + Bobo the Bear = Pure Awesomeness.

20. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i think NPH or cee lo would be great also i know this is going to make people mad but i would love to see wiz khalfia as a cameo.... let the hatred begin