RIP Phyllis Diller (July 17, 1917-August 20, 2012)

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
She was. She was the ant queen in the movie.

May she rest in peace :frown:

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Pretty much.
Losing legends like Whitney Houston, Dick Clark, Robin Gibb, Marvin Hamlisch, Donna Summer, and Etta James made the world different than usual. :smirk:

Let's all hope no more celebrities pass away by the end of this year.
R.I.P Phyllis Diller. :cry: She was also The Monster's Mate in Mad Monster Party (One of my current favorite movies).

And I agree about the fact of all these legends dying this year. It does make the world different and somewhat more depressing. (*You can also add Celeste Holm and Joan Roberts (The original Ado Annie Carnes and Laurey in the original Broadway cast of Oklahoma.) They died within a few days of each other, if I'm correct).

Is this one of the worst years for celebrity deaths? Or is everyone's opinion different on it?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
R.I.P Phyllis Diller. :cry: She was also The Monster's Mate in Mad Monster Party (One of my current favorite movies).

And I agree about the fact of all these legends dying this year. It does make the world different and somewhat more depressing. (*You can also add Celeste Holm and Joan Roberts (The original Ado Annie Carnes and Laurey in the original Broadway cast of Oklahoma.) They died within a few days of each other, if I'm correct).

Is this one of the worst years for celebrity deaths? Or is everyone's opinion different on it?
It's sad that she was gone. I bet Fozzie liked comedians! We will miss you Physlis Diller. Oh and um, say hi to my friend Jim.
- Kermit :smile:

Like she rully had her own comedian style. Like Wow! I will rully miss her. Say hi to my old friend Richard for me.
- Janice :flirt:

I hope this is like the best dedication I can rully come up with.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's certainly turning out to be a lot worse than 2008... I mean we lost a BUNCH on 2008: Heath Ledger, Paul Newman, Bo Diddely, George Carlin, Bernic Mac, Eartha Kitt, Don Fontaine (that guy who did all those movie trailer voice overs), Isaac Hayes, among others that year, but look at who we've lost THIS year...

Andy Griffith
George Lindsey
Whitney Houston
Dick Clark
Robin Gibb
Donna Summer
Etta James
Richard Dawson
Judy Freudberg
Sherman Hemsley
Nora Ephron
Among others.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score

Actually, Celeste died on July 15, 2012 and Joan died on August 13, 2012. That's almost one month from each other's deaths.

People like Tony Bennet, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Betty White, Paul McCartney, Eric Idle, Mickey Rooney, Elton John, and Queen Elizabeth II are still living with us.

In fact, Queen Elizabeth II recently celebrated her Diamond Jubilee. If she lives throughout 2022, she will celebrate her Platinum Jubilee.

I hope those people don't die too this year.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
It's certainly turning out to be a lot worse than 2008... I mean we lost a BUNCH on 2008: Heath Ledger, Paul Newman, Bo Diddely, George Carlin, Bernic Mac, Eartha Kitt, Don Fontaine (that guy who did all those movie trailer voice overs), Isaac Hayes, among others that year, but look at who we've lost THIS year...

Whitney Houston
Dick Clark
Robin Gibb
Donna Summer
Etta James
Richard Dawson
Judy Freudberg
Sherman Hemsley
Nora Ephron
Among others.
Oh my gosh! That's a lot of deaths. I guess it's one of the worst years of deaths. :cry: