RIP Phyllis Diller (July 17, 1917-August 20, 2012)

MissMusical12

Reaction score
It's certainly turning out to be a lot worse than 2008... I mean we lost a BUNCH on 2008: Heath Ledger, Paul Newman, Bo Diddely, George Carlin, Bernic Mac, Eartha Kitt, Don Fontaine (that guy who did all those movie trailer voice overs), Isaac Hayes, among others that year, but look at who we've lost THIS year...

Whitney Houston
Dick Clark
Robin Gibb
Donna Summer
Etta James
Richard Dawson
Judy Freudberg
Sherman Hemsley
Nora Ephron
Among others.
Let's not forget Ernest Borgnine (Otherwise known as Mermaid Man in Spongebob Squarepants to most of today (I wonder what they're going to do to Mermaid Man's voice or character even. Are they going to do what did with The Dirty Bubble when Charles Nelson Reilly died?) )

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, considering I don't like SpongeBob, and don't watch, I wouldn't know.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Let's not forget Ernest Borgnine (Otherwise known as Mermaid Man in Spongebob Squarepants to most of today (I wonder what they're going to do to Mermaid Man's voice or character even. Are they going to do what did with The Dirty Bubble when Charles Nelson Reilly died?) )
Joe Whyte voiced Mermaid Man in Spongebob Squarepants: Employee of the Month and Joe Alaskey voiced him in Spongebob Squarepants: Lights, Camera, Pants.

I wonder if one of them will voice Mermaid Man in the future episodes.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Phyllis Diller was a talented comedian. Not to mention, she might've been a good saxist when she performed with Zoot.

Say Hi to Richard, Jim, Frank and Jerry for us!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
RIP, very funny lady. At the end of this year, the People Magazine edition of "Celebrities We Said Goodbye To" is gonna be as thick as a dictionary.