RIP Wayne Allwine

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I heard there's a new Kingdom Hearts video game coming soon and it's supposed to be Wayne's final performance as Mickey.
You're not talking about the Re: Chain of Memories are you? Cause that's already out.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Oh my,...not another one. Sigh, he's virtually been the only Mickey I've known. My condolences to Russi and his family.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I was shocked when I heard this. How devastating. I hope people understand how important this man was. My prayers are particularly with Russi Taylor, his wife and voice of Minnie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know. Another poster over at ToonZone said it best: "et tu, '09?"
Without going off into a tangent, the past couple years have been a giant kick in the teeth for us animation fans... and we lost the voice of THE most famous cartoon character... and right during a time they were actually using him. Granted, it was for that clubhouse thing. Seems Disney was trying to distance itself from the lovable creations that put the company on the map (regardless what you believe or think about Walt and who really created who) for the obvious, even ignoring Mickey's, what, 80th? anniversary.

And quite frankly, I think Wayne was the best Mickey... even better than Walt himself. He gave him the biggest range, making him absolutely wonderful in Mouseworks, House of Mouse, the Three Musketeers and others....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It is sort of a shame that Wayne didn't provide very many other voices besides Mickey Mouse.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I haven't posted here yet?

Regardless, this makes me feel very sad :frown: Who will they use now? It just won't be the same.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know people associate Mickey now with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Well a big reason for that is because most of what he has done has been so few and far between projects and he is out of the public consciousness for such long periods of time. Just not used to hearing him or a regular bases.