RIP Wayne Allwine

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well a big reason for that is because most of what he has done has been so few and far between projects and he is out of the public consciousness for such long periods of time. Just not used to hearing him or a regular bases.
As I said, I really, really don't want to turn a tribute thread into a rant, but the way Disney is treating the characters that built the empire they are today is a crime.

I really think that Wayne played Mickey during some of the best Mickey and Co projects we've seen... Mouse Works, House of Mouse, Kingdom Hearts, movies like The Three Musketeers. Somehow, I think these are more enjoyable than any of the old cartoons made even during Walt's time. And that's saying something, because I am a huge classic animation fan. Warners never was able to top the original Looney Tunes shorts.... not in any movie, video game, or TV show. But the only time I ever really felt Mickey as a real enjoyable character was in projects like the ones listed. They actually gave him intentional laughs.... I always liked Goofy and Donald better, but I think the newer projects up until Mouseclub for Preschoolers were some of the mouse's best works. And, again, I think that was all Wayne.

zns

Reaction score
I have no doubt that Wayne is probably with Walt Disney and Jimmie McDonald and all three of them performing Mickey as of right now. God speed kid.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I know. Another poster over at ToonZone said it best: "et tu, '09?"

My only consolation is knowing that, when Mr. Allwine got to heaven, Walt was there to shake his hand and thank him for taking such good care of Mickey for these thirty-some years.

Rest in peace, Mr. Allwine. Well done.

-Kim
Jim is probably doing the same telling him what a great job he did voicing Mickey. he will be missed, I mean it's kinda like when Maddie Blaustein passed away except that Wayne Allwine is more legendary. that's just my opinion.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Not to go off on a tangent myself, but I highly recommend Neal Gabler's biography on Walt Disney: "The Triumph Of The American Imagination". It doesn't mention Mr. Allwine, but still a fascinating read about Mickey and his legend and legacy.