melissa@muppet

Reaction score
I LIKE
HOT CHOCOLATE
LED ZEPPLIN
PINK FLOYD
GUNS'N'ROSES
ROLLING STONES
I LIKE ALL THE OLD STUFF AND SOME NEW. I REALLY LIKE BERNARD FANNING AT THE MOMENT. ( FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW WHO HE IS, A AUSTRALIAN SINGER FROM A ROCK BAND CALLED POWDERFINGER ) U SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM HE IS AWESOME. AND POWDERFINGER ARE AWESOME TOO.)

balana

Reaction score
I also grew up listening to the music my Dad liked. Mostly British groups (the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Dave Clark 5, Herman's Hermits, etc.) and the Monkees from the 60s. Now I also listen to quite a few artists from the 70s (Elton John, John Denver, Warren Zevon, Harry Chapin, though I guess they're more pop and folk than rock and roll) and very very little from artists these days.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I adore classic rock. Simon and Garfunkel and John Denver are my all-time favorites, but there are lots of bands I love. :smile:
Erin

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm loading up that song now Kraze. Buddy Holly is terrific thanks for sharing this link.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
your most welcome! :smile:

I wish I lived in the 50's, what a cool time

Katzi428

Reaction score
I was born in the late 60s but I really wish I had born around the doo-wop era.
My favorite 50's/60's group is Sha Na Na. They came around in '69 (they were in Woodstock) but sang 50's & 60's music. They even had a TV show on from 1976-1981.
Several of the old members are still there.But some have left,or unfortunately passed away
My favorite guy from Sha Na Na is Bowzer.(for those of you that know this already,I know you're gonna say"Shaddup about Bowzer already,Kathy!":rolleyes: But he's really a cool guy!:cool: He has his own oldies band now called "Bowzer & The Stingrays" I've seen him in concert twice & after the second concert he said he remembered me!:excited:

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I like a misxute of old, and new music. But I do like the Beatles, and a lot of 80's music.

Kiki

Reaction score
Found this thread, great subject. :cool:
As a lot of you probably know, I'm really into classic rock. I love late-50s to mid-80s (or maybe early-90s...). But I really dig 70s and late-60s, and my favourite genre's are soft/heavy/folk/ragtime-hippie/psychedelic/Aussie rock. And my favourite bands include The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, America, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Billy Joel, Crosby Stills & Nash, Jimi Hendrix, Carole King, ELO, david Bowie, Peter Frampton, The Who, etc.

Yeah, you guys prolly already know that :stick_out_tongue:

My parents were teens of the early-mid 70s, so when I was little I grew up listeing to the music they grew up with. A lot of Elvis, Beatles, and loads of that late-60s hippie stuff.

Btw, for you guys who are into late 50s-ealry 60s rock 'n' roll stuff, I recommend you watch 'American Graffiti'. It was George Luca's first film, was made in the early 70s (when 50s-60s nostelgia was in)- it's got a great soundtrack!