Rodeo Rosie

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
Man, the only sketch I can come up with for this character is the one where she debuted in the 1974 premiere.

But does anyone here have any memories of this character, what other skits do you remember about her?

To be honest, I didn't really like her that much, she seemed pretty loud and obnoxious, and just not too good of a character to last.

I remember first seeing her in SS books when I was little, I used to think for some weird reason she was a man. :embarrassed:

ceecee

Reaction score
I don't recall her being on the show. I do know her from several SS Book Club books, but she never had a major part in the story. She was just sort of there.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Hi - nice nickname! :smile:

I can recall at least two other Rodeo Rosie skits. One involved Rosie trying to lasso people who were coming out of Hooper's Store for some reason. The other was an interesting "imagination" skit with Grover and Rodeo Rosie. The pair were sitting next to the steps at 123. Rosie said they were going to pretend that they were riding a horse. The scene then shifted to film footage of a horseback ride (Filmed from the rider's point of view, so you could see the back of the horse's head) As the horse galloped along, you could hear Grover and RR talking about the ride.

Larcen Tyler

Reaction score
I only (very faintly) remember this one thing where it showed her riding on a horse while a group of children cold be heard singing 'Rodeo Rosie! Rodeo Rosie!'

salemfan

Reaction score
I only remember her from various Sesame Street books, but I never saw her on the show.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the SESAME STREET 10TH ANNIVERSARY album? (It was silver with two LP's)

Inside, they had like 12 glossy B/W photos of the cast, and in one of them, she was included in a shot.

I'm guessing the date on that was 1979.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
teenintosesame said:
I only remember her from various Sesame Street books, but I never saw her on the show.
Yeah, same here. The only cowgirl on the show that I really remember was Clementine.

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Ah yes Rodeo Rosie, In the 70's she was not as big as the others was, because she was an anything muppet. Originaly she was performed buy
Richard Hunt. She would yell at the top of her voice, "YEEE-HAAA".
She, just like many others was abandoned because she never really clicked.
Just look at Proffesor Hastings who wou....zzzzzzzzzzz (sorry about that I fell alseep.) or Herbert Birdsfoot. And lets not forget Harvey Kneeslaper.

As time changes we lose so many muppets that did not click.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think the reason Rodeo Rosie didn't stay was because of the addition of Forgetful Jones and his girlfriend Clementine. It seems like for a while they have been the main "ranch" people and after they were added, there really wasn't much they could do with Rosie. Just my thoughts on this.