Roger Rabbit 2 script completed, 3D being used

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Nothing to see here, just another dying industry desperately grabbing on to any gimmick they can, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
More News On The Sequel
http://www.toonbarn.com/other-cartoons/framed-roger-rabbit-sequel-possibility/
According To a Recent Interview With MTV, He's Looking To Do The Animation Just Like The First, But With As The Other News I Put In Before Using 3D Tools, But He Said It Won't Be Pixar 3D.
I don't see the problem if the characters themselves aren't CGI. 3-D? I see no rational complaints there either. It's an optional thing depending on what theater you go to. If they have a good enough script, I see no problems with this.

The thing is, the original movie is quite deep. It's pretty much an allegory about racism, the word "toon" is what the humans call them. That's their racial slur. They're treated like second class citizens and live in their own Ghetto. I hope they can remember that when they write the next one.

And I hope they can get as many cartoon characters as possible. Hopefully they can get Popeye in there this time. Wouldn't you know, Popeye is public domain everywhere else but the US?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Still, after all these years, making a sequel to Roger Rabbit would jeopardize the original's credibility as a stand-alone classic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If they didn't try it twice before with 2 sequels with, let's face it, goofy plots. Everyone has been clamoring for a Roger Rabbit sequel. It's going to be another situation where everyone wants it, but no one likes it, sure... but I'd rather they make a sequel that does nothing to the original movie unless you let it than yet another sequel to a crappy current movie that should just disappear because no one really liked it.

Besides. It means that Disney is playing Ball with Amblin and Spielberg again instead of letting an angry, Eisner induced, feud keep the character in permanent mothballs. He could be all over Disney World again. I don't see that as a bad thing at all.