ROLE PLAY GAME Rules and Q&A

Beauregard

Reaction score
That's fine, dosn't look too mucked up, and it gave oppertunity to write "please check the rules page" at the begining, lol.

Mr Bassman is an AWESOME! title for a Floydian super-hero! I loooove it!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
**Is very embarrassed** OKay. Good. :smile: No permanent damage, then.

Yay, I'm glad you like the name! :sing: It was the only thing I could think of. Hee.

And I think I'm gonna sit back for a few posts on that thread until a few others join in, so I can follow the lead. I don't want to throw others off. Roleplaying at MC is ALOT different than some other sites I've roleplayed on.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Is it indeed? In wat way exactly? What kind of role-plays do you usually do?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
MrsPepper: The way the RPG's are played at MC being different than other places may be because of the way I designed them for this forum. I started them back right after JHC was sold to EM.TV, and with no knowledge of Dungeons and Dragons kind of RPG, I just came up with some rules that we've played under ever since, and they seem to be working.

Obviously, though, each game-master plays differently than me, but the base rules are always intact. And they work, so we've kept 'em.

Still interested to see what it is that folks do with RPGs at other boards, though; so post away!! :smile:
==============================
BTW: I want to play as the Fantastic Fozzie, with powers of rubber-chicken-stretchability, flame-retardant fur, invisibility, and tough as rock (so those rotten veggies thrown on the stage won't hurt him). Is that okay, Beau--or too much?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well first off, you guys have alot more rules. It's extremely organised, like someone in this thread was talking about having alternate choices, and stuff. Like a choose-your-own-adventure book, everything being planned out. Most of ours would have a major theme, but any member could really direct it (of course, as long as you didn't control any other players, or god-mod or anything). And the type of forum is different, too. You have a games master for the roleplay, that kind of stuff.
Maybe what i've done (which is't exactly a whole lot, mind you) is kind of juvenile compared to this. I've been in a few role-plays for the Redwall series of books, if you've read them. But typically the fans of those books are alot younger than people here, between 9 and 14, typically. So it makes it alot harder to do anything really organised, like this. Then again, I didn't do a whole lot of role-playing, as I helped run activities and didn't always take part in discussions.
Hee, that makes me remember. We used the term "god-moding" or something like that if you were just defeating enemies all the time and didn't actually have a fight. You can't be all-powerful and stuff. We also had the term Mary-sue, I don't know if it's used all over, but in Redwall, it was the typical "I'm an orphan, my parents were killed by vermin, I have sworn revenge, etc" and it used to drive all the leaders CRAZY! :smile:

So I guess I get to re-learn all this kind of stuff, eh? :wink:

Edit: Oh Fozzie, no, these rules seem to work really well. Just a little intimidating to people like me, who haven't done it this way before, and all that. :embarrassed:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozz, I did say three, so...maybe if you mixed teh tough as rock with the stretchability, and made a tough but stretchy rubber chicken power!!

My powers will be the ability to walk through things (duster power), the ability to turn into a liquid (mop-it-up power), and the ability to change my form (sponge power).

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
LOL! Yeah, it's overly-organized, but worth it in the end.

There was once a thread, I thought, that wasn't a role-play per se, but a continuing story where everyone added a part to it. Or, was that the Ultimate TMS Outline I'm thinking of?

Beauregard

Reaction score
*gasp* Oh my gosh! Redwall!!!

Also, Mrs Pepper, you'll find mine is a little less structured than the Muppet's Oz role-play, while a little more structured than yours seem.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, right, I need powers, eh? Okay.

So, Floyd aka Mr. Bassman will have:
The ability to make things crumble, you know - to get rid of obstacles, when he plays his bass (Reverb Power)

Urgh... must think of more.

Edit: Yeah, Fozzie, ours were more like continuing stories, but we each posted as our own character. Not quite this level. You guys are beyond me! :big_grin: Heehee!
Beau, are you a Redwall fan? I used to love it! I don't frequent there anymore, though. I seem to have outgrown it, I guess you could say. But it was very fun. My character was an owl. Heehee.

Beauregard

Reaction score
You don't have to pick them right away. Just, if you need them later, you can have them.