Romance of Kermit and Piggy

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
But, we're talking about unrequited love! The very thing that kept Charlie Brown chasing the Little Red-Haired Girl, or that causes the stalker in each of us to send e-mail after e-mail to our "loves," that is what the relationship is between Kermit and Piggy, and that's why the question is always asked.

Although, it would be one-sided in this argument. Piggy wants Kermit and he won't go for that. Or, if it was actually LEGAL for a Pig and Frog to date, would he? He did plant that big ol' kiss on her pork chops in VMX when he got things back to normal!

Still, I think he cares a LOT, but maybe not enough for a full-fledged relationship.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
About that, I just watched the Florence Henderson episode today and I have noticed Kermit was quite a bit harsh with Piggy in that one. Then again she was pushing him pretty hard, so sometimes she asks for it. It seems like Kermit likes Piggy better in the later episodes and future shows and movies.

Honestly, the whole Piggy/Kermit romance thing is overdone and got old after a while. It's like the romance between Sam and Diane in Cheers. The romance got old after a while for both of them and it got old to see Kermit and Piggy too. That's something that the writers should have dropped later on in the series.
Maybe that's why Kermit and Piggy hardly interacted in "Muppets Tonight!" I guess the writers thought the same thing. But I sort of disagree with what you said. I don't think the Kermit/Piggy romance is getting old. That's always been one of the main concepts in the Muppet world. You're entitled to your opinion though.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Well I stated my opinion, and I'm sticking to it!!!!

ryan

MuppetAlex

Reaction score
I think Kermit does love piggy coz he has been shown in films to be in love with her. He does love her but she is just a anoying to him I think. :eek:

MuppetAlex

Reaction score
But in the film "muppets go to the Movies£ although it does show a clip where he is in love with her he also say on the mention of him and Miss Piggy being an item that "you may know it and she may know it, but the votes not in from the frog." :eek:

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Perhaps there are secret 18 year old figs ALA Janet Jackson.

Seriously, though, from a narrative standpoint, I think they are more interesting together.

I think the Muppets would benefit from a US weekly style scandle where Miss Piggy runs off with Link and Kermit has to finally declare his love to win her back.

We could use a good publicity stunt....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
LOL! Yeah, where's the National Enquirer when we need 'em?

Maybe some of those tabloid shows on the networks will do a "Who was Miss Piggy seen with last night at the suave nightclub The Rose?" story someday. That would be funny.

Reporter: So, Kermit, what do you think of it?
Kermit: I don't. (Scrunched nose--does he mean it? Ah---drama! Mystery!)

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
A blurry picture, speculation, confirmation from a mysterious "good friend". . .

I think it could be hysterical.

Someone photoshop one up! ;-)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<blink> You know, I was quite seriously concidering doing something incredibly similar to that for my next fanfic..... In fact, I still might do it at some point....... Hm...... Hey speaking of fanfic.... <disapears>

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I think Kermit does love Piggy, he's just not willing to admit it. I think it's a relationship.