Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well maybe they'll let Kermit and Piggy host once and awhile.
Yeah Kermit would have to host it inside a dark closet cause we know Piggy would never let him be around all those women. :stick_out_tongue: And then Piggy would be one of the contestants and beat all of them up so she would be the one to ACTUALLY win in the end. Hey you know I'd pay big money to see that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think we really have to fear a Romney presidency. I believe this will be the Democrats' "Regan-Era" in that we'll have 8 more years of them in the White House before the tide turns and the Republican party finds their Bill Clinton candidate (minus the scandals, of course) who excites people and looks at things with a fresh perpsective. That's just my prediction based on the high volume of poor candidates in recent years. They need to rebuild their party that their last guy kind of shot to heck.
I try very hard not to worry, but it really seems like Romney, on his squillionth reboot since the convention, pulled it out of his butt on the debate last night. His performance was all attitude and bringing up Solara (which lost a miniscule fraction of government money that was completely lost in Iraq and Afghanistan, some of which went to the very same terrorists we're supposedly fighting), and he "won" by sheer smug jerkiness, but that was a frightening reminder that things aren't all smooth sailing. Like I said, his Monty Burns gaffes must have been an act to lure liberals into a false sense of security. It all depends on the undecideds.

I could talk smack about Romney all day, but the fact of the matter is, the guy's a caricature. He's basically the same attributes a strawman Republican created by a liberal has. He has the same characteristics that actual Republican voters have a cow over when liberals paint them with that brush. I don't understand why right wing voters don't take a good look over their own party and see their candidates were either rich elitists and fear-mongering pseudo-religious figures right out of The Scarlet Letter. Those are the very same stereotypes they want to have erased from their party... but they don't mind if their candidates have them.

Not to mention the "we have to make Obama fail because Boss Limbaugh told us to."

Think of the bright side. If Donald Trump was elected, the only thing on TV would be The Apprentice. :stick_out_tongue:

HEH! The only reason he was running for president and brought out the junk logic about the birth certificate was that no one was watching his cruddy little show!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Toughpigs makes an excellent point right here:

My own first thought was that it was, like, super-rude of Romney to smile in Jim Lehrer’s face and say, “Hey bro, you’re pretty cool but I really want to get rid of your job!” But most people immediately responded to the Big Bird part, and I’m sure it makes a big difference that he mentioned a beloved character from the show by name. If he had just said, “I’m going to cut subsidies to PBS, even though I like some of those shows they got there,” or even “I’m going to cut subsidies to PBS, even though Sesame Street is all right,”
Think about it from Lehrer's view. Take the Big Bird stuff out of it and Romney was pretty much saying, "It's nothing personal, it's just business" right in front of the guy he spent the rest of the debate rudely interrupting and talking over. He's basically calling him one of the "moocher class" that he swears he's not antagonizing, but he is to his face and acting d***ish to him the rest of the night. If I were Lehrer, I would have shouted, "SHUT THE *&^% UP, MITT! You've been blowing smoke all night, that's fine, it's a debate. But at LEAST act like a freakin' adult."

Like I kept saying... he may have won the debate, but he won the debate being an unlikable jock jerk and a petulant child. That's definitely the quality I want in a world leader... an arrogant schmuck that could get us into a crapload of international incidents. We already had one, thanks.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Like I kept saying... he may have won the debate, but he won the debate being an unlikable jock jerk and a petulant child.
He was panicking so he got desperate. And frankly I was shocked to see headlines that he'd "won." He seemed nervous and uncomfortable the whole time. And I'm not even a big Obama person.