1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by tutter_fan, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yeah cause we aren't on the same page on another account but that's a different subject entirely. :D
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yup, the biggest myth floating around today is that any one politician is more honest than another.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  3. heralde

Oh yeah I can just picture Obama and Romney debating that one, lol.
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pshh I think me and you would make for a good debate on that one. LOL
  5. heralde

Well we've certainly had the practice, lol. :halo:

But I'd still like to see Obama and Romney go at it:

Obama: I am in full support of marriage between a frog and a pig.

Romney: But the issue here today is whether this particular frog and pig were ever legally married!
  6. Pinkflower7783

LOL!!! See I'd be both because I fully support interspecies marriage however I need more proof then some 30th anniversary special. :p
    heralde likes this.
  7. heralde

So I guess that would be Ron Paul's position?
  8. Pinkflower7783

Only we would make light of this and turn it into a Muppet political debate. XD But to answer your question yes. :p
  9. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Romney wants attention. he wants people to talk about him. So, he does this. And people talk about him.

I'm not even gonna start.
  10. Pinkflower7783

Both sides want attention but...I think this is where I'm gonna not say anymore. :X
    heralde likes this.
  11. heralde

Lol, yay. But yeah to turn it back to current events (sort of) I love how when Obama said in response later, "We didn't know Big Bird was driving the federal deficit" someone in the crowd yelled, "And Elmo too!" Lol :laugh:
  12. Pinkflower7783

I'll be blunt but I honestly don't like either candidate. I don't like Obama or Romney. Like all politicians their only telling you what you WANNA HEAR but once they get in office they won't do anything they promise or say. In the end they all want our money that's all they care about. I hate to even vote in this election because I just am not crazy about either one. So I'm an undecided voter.
    heralde likes this.
  13. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Well, you kinda know what Obama's all about. The question is, will Romney really do what he says? (I mean, that's the question for Obama too. But we know if he kept his word in the past or not).
  14. Pinkflower7783

That's the question in any election. My theory is is in this whole election though and I'm not aiming this at anyone on here but a friend of mine said it best unless you have done your research and have educated yourself on both candidates and are up to date with current events then don't comment on either one. I have listened to both sides and I just don't believe in either one.
    heralde likes this.
  15. heralde

Yeah it's been extremely difficult for me as well. I do think Romney will just be a repeat of Bush and we don't need that. That's why we're having these problems with the economy. As for Obama, I don't love everything the Democrats stand for but Obama did a couple of things I appreciated. But certainly not enough. Of course I always said it would take more than just four years to fix the economy. I'm honestly not sure if Obama can/will do that. I think a lot of people are voting for him simply because for better or for worse we already know what we're getting and that feels safer. So yeah, I'm undecided as well, lol.
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Obomney, Rombama. They're both just pawns of wall street. I honestly do not know why people think Obama is somehow independent of greedy corporate interests or severely immoral foreign and domestic policy.

Regardless, I have a feeling PBS isn't going anywhere. And my grandchildren's children will be enjoying Sesame Street and PBS. Though, I could be wrong, just feels like too much of an institution for any of it to be in jeopardy.
    heralde likes this.
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well, it takes a lot of money to blow up innocent Muslims and fill the coffers of large weapons and oil companies. I mean shoot, those evil terruhists aint going to stop themselves! Freedum aint free! :)
  18. Pinkflower7783

"Asking questions is a good way of finding things out"-Big Bird :wisdom:
    jvcarroll and heralde like this.
  19. heralde

Or how about, regarding politicians: "Every one makes mistakes oh yes they do!" :insatiable:
  20. Pinkflower7783

Yes but we don't like to admit it! :laugh: