1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by tutter_fan, Oct 4, 2012.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Bert: No Ernie, no matter how you move them there are still four cookies!

Sorry, now I'm getting random, lol.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  2. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

That's a gross over-simplification, but I'm not going to travel down that road :o
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

We weren't getting random before?? Lol
    heralde likes this.
  4. heralde

And can this get any more random? Hmm, how's this?

Don Music: Oh I'll never be able to decide who to vote for! Never! Oh you won't help! Ahh! ::bangs head on piano::

Kermit: Don, it's OK, you have til November!
  5. Pinkflower7783

Which is basically only a month. :p
    heralde likes this.
  6. heralde

By which time Kermit will have given up on Don and left to help Forgetful Jones remember which booth to go into, hehe.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

That's who I'm voting for! Forgetful Jones! There my vote had been decided!
    meepmuppaphones and heralde like this.
  8. heralde

Perfect! And Kermit can be his VP!

Kermit: Ah no Forgetful, it's White House not white horse!"
    jgidley and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  9. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

We should probably change the title of this thread to The Sesame Quote Thread.
  10. Pinkflower7783

The secret service of muffins is gonna come and banish us to the land of "What Not's."
    heralde and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  11. Muppet fan 123

Careful what you say....they're watching us. :scary:
  12. heralde

Well just remember this muffining was brought to you by the letters O and R. ;)
  13. Pinkflower7783

Kermit- Forgetful that state is Oklahoma not AAAAAAklahoma.
    meepmuppaphones and heralde like this.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Look I've already got in trouble and yelled at for muffining around here so if it happens again I'm bringing you all down with me! :grouchy:
  15. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

I'll admit that there's a silver lining to Mittens's Big Bird comment, and that's the fact that our feathered friend is enjoying a moment in the spotlight. The notion of cutting PBS funds, of course, is awful.
  16. Pinkflower7783

Yeah but is this the spotlight we want him in?
  17. heralde

......Fair enough. :shifty:

But we were on fire there for awhile, weren't we?! :halo:
  18. Pinkflower7783

Yeah and then the hose got blasted on us and then we were done for. :p
    heralde likes this.
  19. Muppet fan 123

Hey! You're muffining our Sesame Quote Thread! :)
    Pinkflower7783 and heralde like this.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The more I hear that the less I believe it. The whole "they're exactly the same" bit is getting old. There's a grain of truth to it, sure, but there wouldn't be this much discord if that were completely true. There IS a difference. Romney wins, it will be the SAME dreadful 8 years of being marginalized if you dislike anything he does. The entire government will be on his side, he'll do terrible things for the next Suckercrat to not be able to clean up after. And rest assured, there will be plenty of Freedom Fries when he bungles his way into Iran, and every single squawking head will go back to the "True Patriots shut up and let us run over you" rhetoric. Everyone complains about the president we have, and no one says a word. That accounts for something.

Not to mention the fact, and I stress this... he was a terrible governor who flip flops on policy to sucker people into voting for him. He did it here, he's doing it now. Obama's at least an apologetic wuss. And he gave us some decent things. Only good thing Bush did was move around Daylight Savings Time.

The more I think about it, the more I'm annoyed at BOTH the Reps and PBS. Their kids programming does get minimal funding, and we do have to sit through veiled commercials as "sponsorships" which are probably tax write offs anyway... but for the love of Pete, PBS... why is so much of the budget devoted to getting British drams? I mean, we ALL love Sherlock. I can't stress that it's one of the greatest things that network runs, and it got robbed at gunpoint at the Emmys. But at least put something funny on. Get a GOOD Britcom on here. No Old people who's relationship gets better with age. That's a snoozefest. Bring back Mr. Bean or something. Or at least get some of the older Dr. Whos on there. If you had a Dr. Who marathon on pledge month instead of the pleas to Senior citizens to give up their social security checks, you'd have a license to print money. People would pledge up the wazoo for some classic Who.
    jvcarroll likes this.