Rough Times Ahead

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
That's a very nice and special idea you have about the Mordecai Brown <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=baseball%20card" onmouseover="window.status='baseball card'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">baseball card</a>. So sorry of this additional stuff on top of everything, Docnzhoss. I'm glad you have your mom and wife for comforting one another. I have a great relationship with my mom and she's always been a great comfort.
That's good that you have a good relationship with your mom. I think that's important. Unfortunately, I think the only reason I was talking to her all day was because my dad may have been too upset to talk. No surprise, I guess, since we're both talking about the importance of our relationships with our mothers.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Right, guys, time for a serious pick-me-up plan to form. Lisa, you get food. Count, grab that inspirational music. MissPepper use your conciderable influence as head of TKO to get us use of the building for a dance. TA, you get hold of Doc and bring him to the surprise, "Please Cheer Up" party. Ernie, call for cool icecream, and party hats. Ziffel, make some inspirational posters.

Right, everyone hide, lights out, when he comes in we'll rush him with rugs and "Hope everyting turns out ok's" Wait..um...we'll rush him with Hugs, not rugs..

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
hey Ryan...

Wow Ryan,you & your family are going through a lot right now.Like I've said at MC many times,almost all of my immediate family has passed away;most from some form of cancer(mom,dad's dad,mom's mom,godmom),my dad passed from pneumonia(he also had lyme disease),AIDS(godsister received it from a blood transfusion) & alzheimer's(dad's mom);all of them with the past 5 years(except for my dad's dad in '86).

My dad's sister & her family,my brother,myself & cousins are all that are left.Plus,I had almost a similar accident like your brother-in-law,involving an electric hedge trimmer.The trimmer went down to the bone of my left index finger,lost a lot of blood & I went into shock(honestly I thought that day was my last).I still have my finger,thank God.If ever you want to talk,either in IM or email;I'm always a good listener.Hope everything works out for you and your family.

You & your family are in my prayers buddy.

That Announcer

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Wow Ryan,you & your family are going through a lot right now.Like I've said at MC many times,almost all of my immediate family has passed away;most from some form of cancer(mom,dad's dad,mom's mom,godmom),my dad passed from pneumonia(he also had lyme disease),AIDS(godsister received it from a blood transfusion) & alzheimer's(dad's mom);all of them with the past 5 years(except for my dad's dad in '86).

My dad's sister & her family,my brother,myself & cousins are all that are left.Plus,I had almost a similar accident like your brother-in-law,involving an electric hedge trimmer.The trimmer went down to the bone of my left index finger,lost a lot of blood & I went into shock(honestly I thought that day was my last).I still have my finger,thank God.If ever you want to talk,either in IM or email;I'm always a good listener.Hope everything works out for you and your family.

You & your family are in my prayers buddy.
Wow, that's really a sad story, Dee.

Oh, and to Ryan: I'll keep you in my thoughts. And if you ever need to be cheered up, "Dave Barry Turns 50" can work wonders.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Whoa! A surprise "Please Cheer Up" party for me?! I'm flattered! Wow, food and everything...thanks everyone!

When put into perspective, things really aren't all bad. I can't read Dee's post and seriously consider remaining sorry for myself. As I said before, when my grandma is gone, she will be reunited with her husband and will be happier for it. My brother-in-law will have his pinkie removed tomorrow, but he definitely would have bled to death if his brothers hadn't been there to apply a tourniquet and rush him to the hospital. So a life with three fingers or no life at all: we have to consider ourselves and him lucky.

I really do appreciate everyone coming to my emotional rescue. You guys are all awesome. Now turn up that inspirational music, pass out the party hats and let's get dancing!

(Hey ThatAnnouncer, is Dave Barry Turns 50 a book?)

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hey Docnzhoss, good to see you. Yeah sometimes it really helps to count our blessings among the tough circumstances. Like with my family, my great aunt is 94 and her health is really declining. My great uncle died at 94 last year. His last 3 months were not good and it was real sad to see him decline. But we are very thankful that they were blessed with such long healthy lives until then. An uncle of mine died at 49 of a heart attack and also one of my grandfathers at age 54. But at least they both died suddenly and didn't have to suffer. My grandmothers both lived to pretty high ages and simply died of old age. My other grandfather did, sadly, have to deal with lung cancer a year before he passed on. He was a heavy smoker for years. But such a wonderful caring family man and extremely hard working.
Well, hang in there Docnzhoss. I'll certainly keep praying for your grandmother and brother-in-law too. Thanks for the update. And glad you liked Beauregard's surprise party for you!
And to Janicefersure, so sorry for all the adversity your family has encountered. Thanks for all your encouraging, inspiring words here at MC. (As well as the fun muppet related stuff!)

P

Princeton

got some more songs for ya!

Granted, most of them will be probably hard to find, but here goes:

-You'll Never Walk Alone(Gerry & The Pacemakers)
-Through The Years(Kenny Rogers; not just a love song, listen to the words)
-Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep(White Christmas soundtrack)
-Candle On The Water(Pete's Dragon soundtrack, another all-purpose song, not strictly for romantic purposes)
-Defying Gravity(Wicked soundtrack; VERY inspirational)

Enjoy!

That Announcer

Reaction score
Update on the book: Just checked the KC Public Library site for you, and assuming there are only seven library branches, every single branch has at least one copy of it in stock. While you're there, see if you can't find some Traveling Wilburys albums, their music always cheers me up.