Rough Times Ahead

Xerus

Reaction score
You and your family will be in my prayers as well.

In the Name of Jesus, Amen!

luvtosr

Reaction score
Wow, that's an awful lot to have land in your lap at once. My thoughts are with you all.

I used to work in nursing homes and one of my patients was a lovely man who had no legs. He was one of the most active, cheerful and fun people I have ever met and I'm sure your brother-in-law will (in time) recover and make it back to being the man he was before the accident.

I send all my good wishes to your Grandma and hope that all goes well.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hey Doc, I'm praying for you and your family. I lost my uncle to lung cancer when I was only 5 years old. I know it must be difficult, but lean on your MC family. We're always here for you.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Thanks again everyone for your thoughts, prayers and support!

My brother-in-law made it home yesterday. The hospital where he was staying was doing an inadequate job of killing his pain so he was yanked out and his dad (a doctor) was able to get him some real painkillers.

My grandma is doing better after the blood clot surgery. Feeling is still coming back to her legs. Hopefully she'll recover real soon and begin cancer treatment.

I was able to go out with friends Thursday night. They really helped get my mind off things. Between them and you guys I'm surrounded by right dandy people! I hope everyone here is doing well. I haven't been home a whole lot but I'm thinking about you all. Thanks a bunch!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thanks for the update and will keep those prayers coming. Glad you had a good time Thursday night with your friends.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Glad to hear they're both doing alright. And that YOU are doing alright too! :smile:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Update: Sorry I haven't been around lately, but things have been hectic. My brother-in-law's hand became infected and he had to be taken back to the hospital. I guess everything's turned out alright but the whole thing is just a mess. He runs a landscaping business with his brothers that has been on hold all this time so they are scrambling to make ends meet. It hasn't been good for any of them.

My grandma, we discovered, has Stage 4 cancer (the worst kind) that began in her lungs somewhere behind her aorta so that X-rays couldn't pick it up when she was in for pneumonia a few months ago. She still can't move her legs and we discovered that during her first surgery some nerves in her spinal chord had been "knicked" by the surgeons. I realize that surgery is an exact science and that it is very hard to be perfect, but I think the hospital needs to claim responsibility for that mishap and cover the bill for the treatment she's receiving whilst trying to overcome the paralysis they caused.

Stress was the word of the month for July and things aren't looking up for August. Thanks for letting me vent and I'll talk to you all later.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hi Docnzhoss, good to see you here and thanks for another update. I'm sure you do have your hands full these days with all this going on. And I agree with you about the hospital needing to claim responsibility. Very sorry to hear that your grandmother was a victim of one of these hospital mistakes. And also sorry to hear she has Stage 4 cancer. I pray God comfort her mind and body through this mess, and I pray that she and your brother-in-law will get competent and compassionate treatment from all present and future medical personnel. In the Name of Jesus, Amen.

May God and His perfect peace be with you and all your family as well.
((((((((((Docnzhoss))))))))))

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Hiya Ziffel and thanks. Grandma has had a few radiation treatments and will begin chemo here before too long. Her memory is fading fast; I find that she repeats herself too often for comfort. For example, she had specifically asked me to begin bringing her the newspaper so she could read it. However, when I brought it in yesterday she made a face and told my dad when she thought I was out of earshot that she had no interest in receiving the paper.

Grr. I detest cancer and hate that my family has to go through this again.

Ziffel

Reaction score
It's truly an awful detestable disease beyond words. One of the most comforting Bible verses to me, which I read last year at my great uncle's funeral, is Revelation 21:4:

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.