Rowlf in IaVMMCM

BEAR

Reaction score
I saw in an interview (I think it was Quentin Terrintino) on a talk show, and he was talking about his experience on MWOO. He said that he got a chance to have a photo taken of him with his favorite Muppet characters and one of them was Rowlf. He was saying how he would be having actual conversation with Rowlf during this and that Rowlf said something funny about how he didn't even get to be in the d**n movie. Thought that was hilarious, especially imagining that coming from Rowlf.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Heh, that's great, it reminds me of what Pepe said on his interview with Tarantino,

Q: "So uh Pepe, I noticed that Rowlf the Dog wasn't working on this movie."

P: "Oh si, si, he wasn't in de country."

Q: "Where was he?"

P: "Oh, he was in Australia."

Q: "Oh really."

P: "Si, he got hit by a truck."

Q: "Pardon?!"

P: "Oh he's fine, he just broke his tail."

Thought this was really funny, considering Baretta does both Pepe and Rowlf, rather funny actually. :smile:

golden teeth

Reaction score
Yeah. It seems like, even though they are trying in some cases to let Rowlf speak, that they are trying to make him important without speaking. First off, they mention him by name a lot in IaVMMCM, and his name is on the wall at the beginning. Plus he is in a lot of scenes of it. Hes in a lot of MFS, but doesn't have anything to say except when he said, "Ahhh!" I think that they should maybe give him 3 lines, but good ones and put him in scenes where he doesn't talk like they do now.

rowlf

Reaction score
Hopefully, Disney will give Rowlf more to do in the future. He IS an icon character, and the first nationally-known Muppet.

BEAR

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
Yeah. It seems like, even though they are trying in some cases to let Rowlf speak, that they are trying to make him important without speaking. First off, they mention him by name a lot in IaVMMCM, and his name is on the wall at the beginning. Plus he is in a lot of scenes of it. Hes in a lot of MFS, but doesn't have anything to say except when he said, "Ahhh!" I think that they should maybe give him 3 lines, but good ones and put him in scenes where he doesn't talk like they do now.

Yeah, he doesn't get to say much these days, but its not like they are ignoring him either. They do acknowledge him there all the time. He even had a great close up playing piano in MCC.:sympathy: If they really decide to do Alice in Wonderland as the next adaptation, they should have him play the March Hare or something with Gonzo as the Mad Hatter.

Erine81981

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Yeah, he doesn't get to say much these days, but its not like they are ignoring him either. They do acknowledge him there all the time. He even had a great close up playing piano in MCC.:sympathy: If they really decide to do Alice in Wonderland as the next adaptation, they should have him play the March Hare or something with Gonzo as the Mad Hatter.
Sounds like a great idea Bryan. I would love to see him in that roll.