Rowlf on the Best of Jimmy Dean Volume 1

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I love the Rowlf material on the first Jimmy Dean DVD! I love the Muppets from the 1960's!

:sympathy: :smile:
I'm sure there's quite a bit more I was just simply dissapointed with how short and sort of boring this dvd was.:sympathy:

ploobis

Reaction score
I'm sure there's quite a bit more I was just simply dissapointed with how short and sort of boring this dvd was.:sympathy:
I can understand that. I felt the same way. I hope the second Jimmy Dean DVD will have more Rowlf material!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I can understand that. I felt the same way. I hope the second Jimmy Dean DVD will have more Rowlf material!
Yeah it's not bad or anything but I guess I was expect more along the lines of a variety show having never seen the Jimmy Dean show before.
The two gentlemen who did the comedy song act together though where the next best thing to me besides the Rowlf bits.
And now I'm left wondering if Rowlf ever gets to meet his dream girl Lassy!:flirt:

ploobis

Reaction score
Hey Friends!

When I got back from the Muppets, Music & Magic event on Saturday I found out yesterday that I had my copy of the new Jimmy Dean volume 2 DVD in the mail!

It was great. Yes it only has two Rowlf bits just like the first volume but it was really worth the money! Like I said before Rowlf is the king of puns!

The Rowlf bits that are on the volume 2 DVD are the following.

1. The bit where Rowlf becomes a Cool Jazz Dog.

2. The bit where Jimmy abopts a cute kitten and Rowlf thinks that Jimmy is giving him up for the kitten.

"GO ORDER THE FIRST TWO JIMMY DEAN DVD'S! IT'S WORTH IT!" :sympathy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder how something is considered the "best". I especially wonder how the companies know what is the best. I've seen featurettes on the Looney Tunes: Golden Collections where it's mentioned that Warner Bros. often got mail from fans talkign about their favortie shorts. And with message boards, blogs, and fan reviews it is probably easier for companies to figure out what the majority of their fans like. But I wonder why this colection is called "The Best of the Jimmy Dean Show"? I doubt that this show's ever been shown in reruns, and outside of hardcore Muppet (and possibly hardcore Jimmy Dean) fans, how many people remember this show? And how is it known what Jimmy Dean Show moments are/ were the "best"?