Rubber Duckie lyrics in Spanish (El Patito)

jcnegron

Reaction score
There´s at least another spanish version

I would say that the versions in The Sesame Mucho and Fiesta records aren't really Spanish, but Spanglish. They have a mix of English and Spanish words, they lack the rhyme in the original and they are very literal. But, on the bright side, they had Jim Henson´s voice.

There is another version in Spanish that appeared on the original "Plaza Sesamo" in the 70's which also became a big hit. This was the dubbed version which was not only translated but also adapted to preserve not only the meaning but also the rhyme of the Lyrics. I wonder why they didn´t used this adaptation when thy recorded "Fiesta Songs". The song title was "Mi patito de Hule".
(patito = Duckie, hule = rubber)

I have been trying to find any sounds or Lyrics of this version. I have even found a spanish rock group that did a version of the song, but I didn't find the LYRICS. I can only remember part of the Lyrics, so if anybody from Latin america with good memory can complete the song please I need your help...

"Mi patito de Hule

Mi patito de Hule es
Das al baño diversión
Mi patito siempre mi cariño tendrás
Bu Bu di Oh

Mi patito, Juguetón..."

hectorjuan

Reaction score
Rubber Duckie Lyrics in Spanish

The lyrics that supposedly are in spanish are incomprehensible.

These are the lyrics of the version I remember from my childhood in the original Plaza Sesamo in spanish.

Mi patito jugueton,
das al baño diversion,
mi patito te llevo en el corazon.

Mi patito es un primor,
si lo aprieto con amor
da un chillido que muestra felicidad.

Al salir el sol cuando voy a bañarme,
me encanta verlo flotar
viendome enjabonarme
sin preocuparme.

Mi patito de hule es
buen amigo como ves;
mi patito siempre tú mi cariño tendrás
porque amigo mejor tú jamás verás.

mango

Reaction score
Thanks Hector!

Wow.. only took 3 years (when I first started this thread) to find the proper lyrics in Spanish.. hehe

:wink: