Rumor: 2010: Year of the Muppets

muppets2

Reaction score
yeah if scooter and rowlf are in it there is no question im going to go see it:wink::sympathy:

Muppetfan55

Reaction score
This is incredibly interesting... what I found very interesting was the wording of it. "On Tuesday several days of filming will begin all over the park with many of your favorites for commercials and publicity packages for the 2010 marketing blitz. It's shaping up to be a rather clever campaign, and it at least should ease up a bit on the last few years of schmaltz." (interesting parts in bold)

Now... it doesn't say WHAT the 2010 marketing blitz is for. Disneyland? The Muppets? Me thinketh the Muppets--based on the next bolded part--last few years of schmaltz. That is definitely the past few years of Muppets. I think this could prove to be very interesting. I hope it all works out well!
I'm sorry to bring this topic back up, but prawncracker, I should mention that when he said "should ease up a bit on the last few years of schmaltz." he was not referring to how he felt the Muppets have been in the last few years.

He said "schmaltz" to describe in his opinion, the last major Disney Parks campaign, the previous "Year of a Million Dreams".

That source had a reputation for being sarcastic about Disney and constantly looking at the glass half-empty.

But regardless, this "Give a Day Get a Disney Day" promotion is a cool idea, and its great to see the Muppets so involved! :smile: