1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Rumor: New Sesame Street Spinoff Series

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by ssetta, Mar 25, 2016.

1. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

From what I hear, next season there will be 2 Sesame Street shows produced. The new one will feature only the muppets away from the street. I have very little info about this show. I'm guessing it may be kind of like Play With Me Sesame but I'm not sure. But here's the part that I find rather disturbing:

I was told that if this new series tests well, it's going to REPLACE the actual show. So that's kind of similar to the half hour format. I just hope this doesn't actually happen. Could any of you see that happening?

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Who exactly told you this was going to replace the actual show?

3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I don't know if that's trustworthy, as a part of the HBO deal was five seasons of SS, plus the spin-off, and a third show unrelated to the "Sesame" franchise.

cahuenga, ssetta and Pig's Laundry like this.
  4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Source please.

LabyrinthLani likes this.