Rumor: The Muppet Wizard of Oz

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
floydnjanicefan said:
That would be cool if in the begining of the movie, there is a scene with Muppets playing themselves, and this Wizard of Oz thing is just a play that they put on in the theatre so the play can cut back and forth to Muppets being themselves and Muppets being Oz characters - like a movie length episode of the Muppet Show.

And in the beginning Kermit casts Janice as dorothy and Miss Piggy is very angry. During the movie, Miss Piggy will appear in different Oz costumes trying to steal the show. Maybe even appear as Dorothy in some scenes and push Janice offstage. :flirt:
Hehe! That sounds like a cool idea. To be perfectly honest, I've always found Dorothy a bit annoying. She's probably actually my least favorite character in the movie, even though she's the main one. So I guess I wouldn't mind so much if a human played Dorothy, as long as the Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Lion get to be Muppets.
Erin

Beebers

Reaction score
The first time I ever saw WOZ, I was much too little and the whole movie totally terrified me. I was sure there were witches dead under every real house and the scene where her legs shrivel up and wither under the house gave me nightmares for days. Or nights, as it were. I too found/find Dorothy very annoying.

Even though I haven't been in the Muppet/WOZ camp I love the above Muppet theater idea. That would actually work, would be fun.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Is there any actual news about what the story is? Is it possible that they will be doing something like floydnjanicefan's idea? I think that would be the best way to go. It worked for Alice in Wonderland and I think it would work well for WoO. They do have the rebuilt muppet show set. I would think they have plans to get a lot of use out of it.

Reaction score
Bruce the Duck said:
Munchkins - New Muppet characters
Scarecrow - Kermit
I think kermit's too smart to be breainless, but it would mean he's in the movie longest.
munchkins should be all the rats and penguins and bean the bunny, robin, all the short stacks of the muppets, becasue i love the pungions and i cant think of where else they'll be put in a version of WOZ. :zany:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
bouncypenguins said:
I think kermit's too smart to be breainless, but it would mean he's in the movie longest.
munchkins should be all the rats and penguins and bean the bunny, robin, all the short stacks of the muppets, becasue i love the pungions and i cant think of where else they'll be put in a version of WOZ. :zany:
that's the point of the scarecrow...he thinks he has no brain, but really he's the smartest one....just like the tin man is most sensitive and the cowardly lion is bravest...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh why....

So, has anyone else heard anything about this yet?

wubba

Reaction score
News flash...

from http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16715

Kermit the Frog will be the Scarecrow

Fozzie Bear will be the Cowardly Lion

The Great Gonzo will be the Tin Man

Miss Piggy will be pulling double duty as both the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch

In a really cool bit of casting, Pepe the Prawn will take on the role of Dorothy's dog Toto.

And the role of Dorothy will played by a yet to be cast human guest star.

go and read all about it!

King Prawn

Reaction score
I hope this turns out to be good but so far every piece of news I read about this movie makes me dislike it even more.

Randlev

Reaction score
Natalie Portman as Dorothy sounds like a brilliant beyond brilliant choice for the lead in a muppet movie. She'd have incredible chemistry. I'm actually pretty excited for this movie. Especially the fact that it's on abc, just showing that Disney and the Muppets can get along a little again.