Sailor Moon manga or anime

Kiki

Reaction score
Sailor Moon's sooo groovy!
'Fighting evil by moonlight
Winning love by daylight
Never running from a real fight
She is the one named Sailor Moon!' :sing:
I've got a heap of old video's and all kinds of things.
She so-totally rocks. ^_^

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes she is so cool. I'm very happy to have my DVD collection of the dic dub. Maybe one day I can get the cloverway sequel series.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
It's been on my list for years to buy the uncut releases from Pioneer or whoever released them not too long ago. I also want to get Sailor Stars. Anyone ever seen those?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do know that Sailor Stars will NEVER be rleased on DVD due to Toei animation not realizing the potential for more disks and manga. I think I heard Europe got it... but Europe got a lot of stuff the US never got... Dr. Slump, Kinnikuman (but was banned after a character was a nazi), stuff like that.

I am pretty disappointed by Toei's handelling of their own properties. (the US market, I mean). I know Kinnikuman DVD's are a stretch... but no Uncut One Piece? that's bull.

>>Once upon a time there was a small push to make Sailor Moon a live action show a lá Power Rangers in the early 1990s. Thankfully it got canned and shoved in some back corner of a warehouse.<<

I kept hearing weird stuff about this, but never got any clairification. I do know a Japanese series live action exists (They even sold live action Sailor toys at Newburry comics for a while), but you probably already know that.

Was it totally live action? Or did they go from being live action to being cartoons? I think I've heard both.

Kiki

Reaction score
Sailor Moon's released on DVD, isn't it? :confused:
It is, I see it all the time. Are you guys looking for a different version or something?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
What Dr.Tooth is talking about Kiki, is a sequel series that was never dubbed into English at all as far as I know.
I have the Dic DVD collection, and I hope the Cloverway series is one day released in Australia. But this next series isn't even in existence in English at all.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Katie I'm bumping this up so that we can talk about SM awhile:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still wonder about the American Live action thing... anyone got any info on that?

BTW... don't bother searching for Stars on Youtube. No thanks to Google, they pulled all Anime clips due to pressure from Japanese businesses. Easy for them to say. They HAVE that stuff over there. Sorry... just a little angry since they pulled the Kinnikuman clip of the Nazi guy getting turned into Ramen by Ramenman. You could NEVER see that on American TV.

Kiki

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Katie I'm bumping this up so that we can talk about SM awhile:smile:
Thanks, good thinking Marty. :smile: I do love Sailor Moon. My fave Sailor Scout is probely Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Mercury (Amy) and Sailor Venus (Mina, see current avatar). Oh, and how can I forget Luna, Serena's cat?? Love her. ^^

Oh, btw, I think the SM dvd's that you had were the ones I was talking about, I see now. =)
I don't have any SM dvd's (YET) but I do have quite alot of videos and tees and CD's and stuff, lotsa merchindice, 'yknow. I'm a bit like that. :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That's great Katie. Jupiter is my absolute favourite with Mars in second place. But I have no personal preferences among the rest of the Scouts for third place.

I shall have to watch them again sometime and we can talk about the show as I comment on it. It is a most remarkably thought-out fantasy, isn't it?