Sam's funniest moments.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Dil said:
Do you know what might be the funniest Sam the Eagle moment would be? I think it would be when an Editorial where Sam would be shocked when guest Spike Milligan's trousers fell off. I think a very brief clip of this sketch is used for the opening theme of the "It's The Muppets" videos.
Oh yeah...that was a classic!!!:smile:

Dantagon

Reaction score
In the 'Muppets Christmas Carol'
(paraphasing since I can't remember the exact lines)
Sam to young Scrooge: You will become as sturdy as this very building!
Rizzo and Gonzo knock one of the shelves down along with a few statues.
Sam: I've been meaning to fix that shelf...

That and Sam forgetting his lines and having Gonzo whisper them to him.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really like the one where Sam is speaking out against protecting endangered species. He holds up a list of the animals saying, "I have here a list!!!" That's supposed to be a parody of Joseph McCarthy's Communist hunt ("I have here in my hand a list of 57 people that were...members of the Communist Party!"). You can even hear the laugh track finding that particularly funny!

And then he realizes his species (the American bald eagle of course) is on the endangered list and takes it all back. lol :attitude:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, I never heard of that one before, but it sounds like the kind of Sam material I love! What episode was it in?

Beauregard

Reaction score
One of my favorite lines, and it's obscure, is when he says, "Is no-thing sacred" in Muppet Family Christmas during the pagent. It's a simple line, but his expression! Oh boy!

On another note, does it make me a bad person that I had a dream that Sam was in love with Janice on the set of Muppet Treasure Island?

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to be funny

In none of these sketches was I trying to be funny, I was just expressing my opinion, to which everyone is entitled. :attitude:

Sorry guys guess everyone is entitled to Sam's opinion, even me. His bust of George Washington is sitting on top of my computer watching everything I type CREEEEEEEPY

rexcrk

Reaction score
From Muppet Christmas Carol:

Sam: "It is the AMERICAN way!"
Gonzo: [whispers]
Sam: "Oh... it is the BRITISH way!" and then he kinda looks around like "wait.. what just happened?"

That's one thing I like about the three movies made without Jim; Sam the Eagle had a bigger role in both Muppet Christmas Carol and especially Muppet Treasure Island.

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
I believe that no matter what sam is in... he's hilarious!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
On another note, does it make me a bad person that I had a dream that Sam was in love with Janice on the set of Muppet Treasure Island?
Not bad exactly... but I'll put a small wager on clinically insane:stick_out_tongue:.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole