San Diego Comic Con Volunteers Wanted!

towels

Reaction score
Sirtis

I saw her at a convention in Boise just before "Generations" came out. I'm not sure if "mellow" was a term that came to mind.
How could I put this....
The straight laced, reserved Deanna Troi seemed to really stretch her acting abilities.

Kate Mulgrew...now there was a classy lady!

Mike,
So are there no NW based conventions?
:big_grin:

grail

Reaction score
i heard that about Mulgrew, shame i've never met her...

as far as NW cons, i couldn't begin to guess...i work with one called http://www.inconjunction.org every year, and it was through it (kinda) that i met all these people. (we're having a mini Lost in Space reunion next year). and apparantly i'm helping work GenCon when it comes to Indy next year.

this is (so far) the list of cons i'm attending in '03

Toyfair
MuppetFest
InConjunction
WizardWorld Chicago/San Diego Comicon (i may have to pick one here)
GenCon
BotCon

and probably more before the end of the year...
i have no life...but i'm a good little toy whore...

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by muppetlabs
Actually, I find him to be one of the biggest jerks around, unless you're an actor on a sci fi show, or a sports celebrity, then he kisses your butt.
Yeah, actually Grail, I do think being one of the biggest jerks around is his fault. :wink:

Even if he's being a bootie kisser to the actors because they demand it, that doesn't mean he should get to poop on everyone else to make up for it. :rolleyes:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
... interesting how "virgin" is a no-no, but somehow "whore" makes it past the PC police. :big_grin:

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
... interesting how "virgin" is a no-no, but somehow "whore" makes it past the PC police. :big_grin:
oops...

sorry if it was found offensive, i thought i was clear since i was being self-effacing and hopefully funny...(i.e. i wasn't calling someone one, i was calling myself a TOY-whore, "one who is easily bought with toys"). i have a bad habit of calling myself a pimp for Zen too...i apologize, and promise to try not to do it again.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail

...when i met her it was still fairly early in the series (don't remember how many years back offhand, though).
Wow you mustv'e been pretty young. It is amazing she would use that kind of language to a kid!

grail

Reaction score
i wasn't THAT young...

i want to say it was '91 (which makes it later in the series than i realized) so i'd have just turned 13...i think typically you'd have been right, but i was hanging out with the big people, and backstage, so i think i got special dispensation...

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Oh I am not offended! I am just interested in the PC police is all... no worries!

grail

Reaction score
okay cool...i was worried i had upset someone. i really like it here and don't wanna do that